My Goldberg Arms Snub Nose Blaster

mgb969

Hi this is my first thread post here and better way to pop my cherry than with a Snub Nose Blaster by DaveG.
It certainly took it's time due to the obligatory red tape of international shipping, I don't care, as it's finally all be it with a battered box but now the fun can begin.
So whilst waiting for my snubby to arrive I set about getting the bits I'll need to put this baby together.
It was a simple enough task to put together the majority of the materials recommended in the instructions with a few UK available alternatives:

Araldite Fusion Syringe 3G Ready To Use Epoxy Power Adhesive Glue Solvent Free

Abro Steel QuickSteel Reinforced Epoxy Metal Instant Repair Putty Weld 2OZ AS224

Vallejo Model Air Surface Primer Polyurethane Acrylic 17ml - UK Bronze Green & Black

Vallejo Model Color Satin Varnish 70.522 / 70522 - Acrylic Based - 17ml

Vallejo Model Air 71.072 Gun Metal (Metallic) - 17ml Acrylic Airbrush Paint

Creative Expressions Metallic Gilding Wax - Titanium 10ml

So I guess the first thing to do is get all the necessary parts trimmed smoothed and filled.
20180404_155425.jpg

So some of the filling done and on to smoothing the casting marks, that is until I realised I'm out of wet and dry,

20180404_181829.jpg

so drilled the hole for the locking nut and just as I'm about to do the grips I found a gap in my drill set where the #43 should be........arse!

20180404_181757.jpg

Off to get what's needed then it is :facepalm

Last edited:
Filed a bit too much off the frame in order to get rid of the air bubble which left a sizeable gap in-between the top of the two grips, so I had to build it back up using the Abro Steel QuickSteel Reinforced Epoxy which worked a treat and I'm quite happy with the result.
20180404_185035_LI.jpg

So I've trimmed. sanded, smoothed all necessary bits and now I've just primed the parts with a UK Bronze Green primer as I'll be finishing the frame, barrel, bolt lever, triggers and trigger guard with a 71.072 Gun Metal (Metallic).
20180406_170601.jpg20180406_170613.jpg20180406_185536.jpg
I was going to finish the receiver parts with the titanium gilding wax but wasn't happy with the result when I tested it, so I had a rethink and have just ordered AK Interactive 30ml 00669 Xtreme Metal Paints - Titanium.
Additionally after cleaning my airbrushes there was still a bit of spluttering spraying the parts so I've got to give them a thorough going over most likely strip them down, redo the ugly bits, I'll be doing several coats anyway so no biggy.
Ah the fun of it all.

Last edited:
So had an issue with my compressor i.e. it decided to give up the ghost, so had to wait a few days for a new one to arrive.

20180411_161440.jpg20180411_161456.jpg 20180411_161425.jpg
With the new compressor on deck I've finished the receiver parts and safety catch in the AK Interactive Titanium and give them a good 48hrs drying out, after which I'll apply some Alcad 2 Klear Kote Light Sheen ALC311 to the metallic finished parts.

Weekend free so time to finish the barrel and receiver ready for the klear kote
I wanted to go for a heat effect on the barrel and as this is my attempt at this level of airbrushing watched several vids, bit the bullet and cracked on using:
Vallejo Game Air 72.757 bright Bronze and 72.723 Electric Blue.
Vallejo Model Air 70.811 Blue Violet.
Starting with the bronze and a few drops of thinner and then continued with the violet and electric blue in that order without cleaning the so the finish looked a bit more graded (to my eyes anyway).
After cleaning the airbrush I added a little electric blue to the end of the barrel for contrast then added some black primer to the rest and applied to the front of the muzzle and bit down the barrel to emulate gsr.

20180414_145722.jpg
Using a light coating on the titanium finished receiver of the same colours as on the barrel I've tried to achieve a different effect than uniform finish and then added light misting titanium to bring the colour down as it looked too loud for what I wanted and I think I'm quite happy with it.
20180414_145445.jpg20180414_145510.jpg20180414_145622.jpg
A little bit of gluing to do before applying the klear kote and then I can complete assembly.

er work getting the way of progress this is my Goldberg Arms Snub Nose Blaster.
I've also got hold of a nice wooden box which having done the foam cut-outs I'll be lining with leather, adding leather straps with a locking latch and a custom made Goldberg Arms stencil for the lid.

20180424_155558.jpg20180424_155317.jpg20180424_155227.jpg20180424_155025.jpg
20180424_165313.jpg20180424_155717.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like your display box will do this piece justice - looking forward to seeing that as well.

I'm a rookie at this stuff or at this level at least so I'm lucky enough to have a leather museum close to where I live and they've agreed to let me use their leather tools under guidance of seasoned experts.
So as the saying goes it's what you know etc.

looks great....hope to get similar nice results with my own build. do you mind to tell what kind of airbrush pistol and compressor do you use? I am an absolute beginner and will have to buy me a kind of "better starter set"

looks great....hope to get similar nice results with my own build. do you mind to tell what kind of airbrush pistol and compressor do you use? I am an absolute beginner and will have to buy me a kind of "better starter set"

Hiya mate,
Glad you like it, you're in some fun and I think more so being a beginner in my opinion as you pay more attention to what you're doing and that makes more careful resulting in a better finish, I think anyway.
I already had a Vogue Air compressor but didn't like the pressure regulator so for this build I got a Voilamart airbrush compressor kit which comes with a three mode air pressure button for us rookies and a very good performing airbrush
As rookie I suggest you get to know your kit and test spray a similar surfaces a few times, I used an old plastic popcorn tub worked a treat and helped me get to grips with the layering process.
I've dropped a couple links below I hope this helps mate and have fun with your build.

Marc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKjWe6WKIec&t=478s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5nRNcNM16g&t=143s

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back