My Glass Eyes Golden Idol Project

QuartZ

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
fit_01.jpg

The eyes are temporarily taped into place to snap this photo. I tried to match the positioning of the eyes seen in the propstore photos. I think I'm getting close. The face is interesting as one eye is higher than the other and one eye opening is larger than the other. I'm going to check if I can get some eyes that are more honey-brown in color before I set the eyes.

My plan is to fill in the eye creases and the jaw crease on the bluefive V2 (no offense Doug). I'm going to smooth out the sharp line around the lower lip and corners of the mouth. I still want to reshape the upper lip a bit too.

Anyway, I wanted to start a thread to show my progress so far.

Looks great!
Who's eyes and what size?
Also did you go in from the bottom, or the back of the head as in the original.
Very interested in your progress.
Ron

I'm so gonna do that with my Blufive when it comes in. Care to share where you got your eyes for the idol?

-Gary

Looks awesome. I too would be interested in hearing where you got the eyes and how much they cost.

Thanks for sharing your progress.

You are achieving exactly what I am hoping to do! It looks wonderful.

Any info you could share on where you got the eyes, how you put them in, and how difficult it was would be terrific!

My idol is cut into 2 halves. I very carefully cut along the seam on the forehead down the sides of the face/neck to where the hair meets the arms. I followed this crease around where the hair touches her backside :) Basically, I knew that the seam on the head would need cleanup anyway, so I took advantage of it. I didn't want to re-scribe all the lines in the hair, so I chose not to cut across the hair. Where the hair meets the body is a soft transition that will be really simple to fix when the halves are joined again.

The eyes are 24mm round, hazel-brown. They were about $50 for the pair. There are a lot of suppliers for eyes at better prices (I'm looking into new suppliers as my old one is raising prices) so I suggest a google search for "glass eyes" I'm thinking of ordering some animal eyes (dogs and wolves seem to have the color I think we need) It wasn't hard for me to put them in (but I've done prosthetic eyes in MANY resin busts before, and have a really well developed technique for doing it)

That's pretty damn cool looking. I was never a fan of the "eyes" model, but I may be changing my mind.

What size eyes are they? I've found plenty of places online that are selling glass eyes for like $10 /pair.

Check here, for the polyglass http://www.eyecoltd.com/order.html. Which color and size would be best?

-Fred

That's pretty damn cool looking. I was never a fan of the "eyes" model, but I may be changing my mind.

What size eyes are they? I've found plenty of places online that are selling glass eyes for like $10 /pair.

Check here, for the polyglass http://www.eyecoltd.com/order.html. Which color and size would be best?

-Fred

The eyes are 24mm round, hazel-brown. They were about $50 for the pair. There are a lot of suppliers for eyes at better prices (I'm looking into new suppliers as my old one is raising prices) so I suggest a google search for "glass eyes" I'm thinking of ordering some animal eyes (dogs and wolves seem to have the color I think we need) It wasn't hard for me to put them in (but I've done prosthetic eyes in MANY resin busts before, and have a really well developed technique for doing it)

That does look cool as hell with the glass eyes :cool

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back