joevader

Hello. I just got this gorgeous GH ROTJ helmet kit from Tony Le. I'm going to trim, adjust the dome skirt a little, paint and finish this bad boy.

I'm thrilled to share this journey. Cheers! (y)

GH_original_01 copy.jpg

GH_original_02 copy.jpg

I finished trimming the eyes and mouth. Also fixed holes with epoxy.
The lenses, grills and tusks are temporarily in place, to get a better feeling of how it's coming along.

GH_lens_grill_tusk copy.jpg

Looking great, and looking forward to seeing this finished. I assume the helmet is fibreglass, but is the mask fibreglass too? Interesting with the helmet being half primed or something as well?

Looking great, and looking forward to seeing this finished. I assume the helmet is fibreglass, but is the mask fibreglass too? Interesting with the helmet being half primed or something as well?
Glad you like it. The dome is fiberglass, and the mask is fiberglass and polyester.
The dome is currently half-primed, because Tony used this kit to demonstrate his work process at events.

How the frig did you manage to still see through the left cheek? dust coat?

In order to better integrate the cheeks, I misted the one on the left side and sacrificed a little visibility.
I see silhouettes on the left, and compensate through the right cheek.

I can't see much without my glasses, anyway, lol. So, it works quite nicely

IMG_6859_transparency.jpg

haven't been too active on the thread and just getting back in but beautiful work! One of the last kits I had and wanted to clear out before moving out of CA to WA state and so glad I sent it out to you before the move (4 months later and we're still unpacking). Beautiful work and seeing it suited up is amazing.

haven't been too active on the thread and just getting back in but beautiful work! One of the last kits I had and wanted to clear out before moving out of CA to WA state and so glad I sent it out to you before the move (4 months later and we're still unpacking). Beautiful work and seeing it suited up is amazing.
Couldn't have done this without you, bro (y) Thank you for trusting me with this gorgeous GH cast.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back