My Gears of War Snub Pistol made of paper

LeoFirebrand

Just finished my most recent build of the Snub Pistol from Gears of War. As with all of my builds this is made entirely out of 110 pound computer paper with a foamcore base. I have been wanting to do it for some time but wanted to perfect my Paper technique and I wanted to learn how to wire LEDs.

I included some pics here but you can find full photos and build pics at my site: Firebrand Creations

First an outdoor shot:
SnubPistol16.jpg

Here is a picture with the LEDs on:
SnubPistol3.jpg

Up close shot showing some of the detail:
SnubPistol6.jpg

Clip removed with battery compartment showing:
SnubPistol14.jpg

A shot next to my repainted GOW2 Collectors edition Lancer:
SnubPistol15.jpg

I will post some build shots in another post but there are 35 of them so I dont want to post them all here and bog it down. Feel free to check out my site to see the rest.

Last edited:
Here are some build Pictures:

The basic frame with me doing an LED test:
SnubMake2.jpg

The finished Clip:
SnubMake5.jpg

Progress shot of the side panels:
SnubMake9.jpg

an example of the foamcore bases I use. This is for the top barrel shroud:
SnubMake14.jpg

Rear slide in progress:
SnubMake24.jpg

Grip LED covers:
SnubMake30.jpg

Finished unpainted build:
SnubMake32.jpg

Shot showing how much a difference a little bit of weathering can make:
SnubMake33.jpg

Hope everyone enjoys my build.

Last edited:
Love it man. Great work. I'm working in an Anthony Carmine helmet myself. Would you make another for a commission? The Tri Force snub for $400 is ridiculous.

I have learned alot since my early work and now I use dense foamcore as a skeleton which makes it extremely durable. I have also found that once you let the top coat of paint dry the paper actually gets much more durable and can hold up to the abuse of weathering pretty well.

I would put it's durability somewhere between a display only piece and and a stunt casting. Really its biggest enemy is water :)

That is slick. Great work. Can it be handled without damaging it?

Would you sell a replica of the snub pistol?

Thanks for all the kind words. I build with paper because its MUCH cheaper in the area of tools and materials but sadly it can't hold up to casting (yet ;) ). This means each build is a "one off" that takes the same amount of time as building a master for molding normally would. This increases time to the point where I just can't set a price most would find reasonable. In fact you could buy the official prop for around what I would have to charge to make it worth the time it takes.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back