My Garindan WIP

TREADEC

Hey all,

For some time i have had friends help me put together a Garindan costume, mine has a slight variation to it. As we do not see in the film his hood down he only has a few seconds screen time, i based mine on the Kubaz species from Wookieepedia, there is aN image the that show the bounty hunter with spines to his head, Here's a pic of a mask made from Latex by Lionback, some of you may of seen his other work....

Reference pic....

Kubaz_AA.jpg

P1010012_edited-1-8.jpg

P1010006_edited-1-25.jpg

P1010010_edited-1-15.jpg

P1010009_edited-1-17.jpg

Slits cut out on top of the mask to allow air flow, a large fan can be built in to prevent lenses fogging up.

On to the Robes,

I had a very good seamstress make me the trousers, top and hooded robes

The top is of olive green this is replicated from the Garindan bust, it has a hidden zipper concealed by a flap, The material is faux suede, with a dark green lining, there is a silver press stud to the collar and has a patch sewn in for a com pad, We see the Hasbro figure has one of these.

FRONTVIEWSHIRTTROUSERS.jpg

The trousers are of cotton material a zipper in case of much needed toilet breaks, there are four pockets two are deep hip pockets, two are boxed pockets, handy to conceal an amp for voice box maybe, made to a dark colour as the character wears these again based on the hasbro figure.

TROUSERS1.jpg

TROUSERSSIDE.jpg

On to the Robes....

made of wool, they are pretty heavy, comes as two separate parts, the main cloak hang on the shoulder while the hood is a separate piece, this enable for me to turn my head in the mask without restriction to movement, We see from one reference image his robes have the look of a Sherlock Holmes style hood, so this is what style we went with, Robe are to the ankle as we know this is how Garindan wore his.....

DSC_0067.jpg

FULLLENGTHROBE.jpg

The length of the hood will be reduced when i wear the mask this will make the hood sit much shorter then the pic displays

REARUPPERROBE.jpg

FRONTROBE.jpg

I have the boots, the comm link, the com pad. Awaiting for the 434 blaster My friend put this link up for help http://www.therpf.com/f9/merr-sonn-434-blaster-help-needed-126050/

Lastly awaiting a holster and ammo belt to be built, reference to the Hasbro figure, it will be very similar to the Han Solo belt.

More to follow...

Its been sometime in the making as some people know putting a costume together can take for ages to source the correct parts. So without further adoo here is my completed Kubaz species Garindan aka Imperial Spy aka long Snoot from A New Hope Star Wars.

Just waiting for my Deathhammer to be delivered, i will have it begining of March.

Hope you like it......

DSCN1329_zpse8cd78c4.jpg

DSCN1324_zps1120fcb7.jpg

DSCN1326_zpsd4044feb.jpg

DSCN1328_zpsdfbaf8af.jpg

DSCN1330_zps00f8f8fc.jpg

And this is a pic of another Kubaz species called Glenk who was a sith character read on Wikipedia. Difference is he has red eyes and a red saber....

DSCN1307_zpsfb447287.jpg

DSCN1309_zpsa3ff70a9.jpg

DSCN1310_zps4e107a9d.jpg

DSCN1311_zpsa7116101.jpg

DSCN1316_zpsaeeb4ec3.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back