My Galaxy’s Edge credit coin

NakedMoleRat

Master Member
Got the coin when I went a few weeks back and thought how cool it would be to add the coins to my Sabacc game.

This is my first attempt at cold casting and decided to try it in copper.

I found out that using less metal gives a better effect and buffs out much easier.

Going to try to cast 60 or so in different metals.

This is a rough casting as the resin sets INSANELY quickly. To my despair, my first two attempts were lumps of copper colored metal barely poured out of the mixing container.

B6341841-0266-47E1-8091-3AFB19E27CA2.jpeg

Oh if it's something that would be allowable, I'd LOVE to see a run of these - I've been wanting a stack in my display since I got one

One more group photo. As you can see there are varying degrees of how well they polish. Some polish up very well, others not as much, and you can see the ones in the back will not polish at all! I also discovered that just like a penny, they tarnish immediately. What can I do to keep the shiny look, lacquer?
575881D9-A189-42B9-BDB5-5F7BBB1929DF.jpeg

What do you do when a cast metal coin just will not burnish? Got the powder ratio wrong or something. Some polished up quickly and beautifully. Others took a long time to burnish and did not polish up so well. Others just refused to burnish at all. As Bob Ross said, there are no mistakes, just happy accidents. So, some Krylon aluminum and black wash later.....
image.jpg

You could also try Rub-n-Buff.
I've been using it to highlight details on the coins I've been making.

I've also been weathering with a mix of Burnt Umber and Burnt Sienna and a touch of black and just a little water.
Mix together, coat a side and let sit about 1/2 hour then clean up with a damp cloth and Q tips.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back