My Future Predator 2009 Costume

Polygon1

Hey guys,

So as I'm waiting for my latex to arrive for my Cyborg Ninja costume, I decided to do some concept art on my next predator costume.

My second predator will be called, "Six Eyes" due to the genetic mutation resulting in additional eyes and enhanced vision. He is literally one of the last of his kind, and due to his "deformity", this hunter is viewed as an outcast by traditional predator society and essentially lives in solitude.

In addition to hunting humans and xenomorphs for sport, he also hunts his own kind. Something along the lines of a predator "serial killer" if you will.

I'm thinking for the suit, it will feature human and predator skulls impaled on spikes on the backpack similar to Chaos figurines in Warhammer 40k.

There will be more to come, in the meantime, enjoy this profile view I sketched today:

PredConceptHeadCropped.jpg.gif

Second variation with a damaged third eye:

PredConceptHeadCropped_2.jpg.gif

PredConceptHeadCropped.jpg.gif

PredConceptHeadCropped_2.jpg.gif

Yeah, this should be an interesting project to work on. I was thinking of making one of his eyes unusable (blind) as you can see in the second variation of the head. One of the big inspirations for this was from the movie Hellboy and the Sammael creature. I couldn't help but see the similarity to the predator, and thought multiple eyes would look neat.

As for the armor, I'm thinking of something along the lines of the "Borg" predator with large spikes coming from the back pack with impaled trophy skulls- human and predator. Also, he will be fully armored for a hunt, and will feature a face hugger wrapped around his left gauntlet as a design element.

I have to say i like the mask but i hate the idea he was out casted because he was different makes predators look ignorant and that really turns me off. Maybe he was out casted for a crime or maybe he is a bad blood. Maybe He tried to make an Attempt on the Elders life i don't know but any thing but making predators ignorant or even close to the behavior of humans they should have a good since of boldness , skill , and honor not prejudice. ANYWAY!!!!! I like The mask Idea.

Sweet Rendering man!

With 6 Eyes his Bio helmet must be interesting.
ANy chance of the kick ass design being posted soon? I can't wait to see it :rolleyes:

I love that concept, a 6 eyed predator makes for an even better hunter, better peripheral vision! I'd go with the one damaged eye, rough him up abit.

I agree with Garo on the outcast thing, IMO I would like to see him as a bad blood or something like that. They are a very honorable species, and if anything would see a 6 eyed Predator a step forward in their evolution. That's only my opinion though. :rolleyes:

Can't wait to see more illustrations, A1 :lol:

Thanks for the comments guys.

Honestly, I'm not too sure I'm doing a bio for this. Main reason is that with a bio and full face mask on, it's very difficult to see. Practically speaking, it would make sense just to have a full face mask.

Just out of curiosity, has this subject ever been brought up in the graphic novels from a predator point of view (prejudice based on physical deformity?). I just like the idea of a separate clan of "mutants" if you will that live outside the predator society.

Anyways, I'll be doing a front view today of the face, so stay tuned!

PredConceptHeadCropped_3-2.jpg.gif

PredConceptHeadCropped_3.jpg.gif

PredConceptHeadCropped_4.jpg.gif

Front view I just finished!

Edit: Also did a dreadlock! I like the face hugger motif, so I'm going to try to have that reflected in the dreadlock beads as well as the gauntlet as I mentioned above.

PredConceptHeadCropped_3-2.jpg.gif

PredConceptHeadCropped_3.jpg.gif

PredConceptHeadCropped_4.jpg.gif

Huh, If you DO make this a mask. You could have ALL his extra eyes damaged. Maybe the preds tried to "fix" it before they decided he was unfit to live with them. This might help with the innevitable issue of eye movement.

Well, as for who is going to be making the mask, I'm hoping I can enlist someone in this community to sculpt and cast one in latex next year for my suit. I've never really worked with clay extensively, so I want someone with experience to make this mask.

PredConceptTorso_1.jpg.gif

Here's a sketch of what I envision the front chest armor to look like. I basically used the Lost Hunters "Borg" Pred as a reference and sketched something loosely similar.

PredConceptTorso_1.jpg.gif

Thats sick! No out casting because of indifference! Preds have way to much Honor..... Besides you stick with that story your going to just f#ck up the back story on another custom pred I'm developing... I've got a brief outline of his background and when the pred world meets him he will be a young adult but a true honorable pred. I'm sorry and I mean no offense but humans are petty and don't have a very good grasp on what it means to be a warrior so you should reconsider why hes an out cast at all....
Looks to much of a bad ass to be outcasted because he looks dif.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back