My First Sonic Screwdriver

ChuckNorrisAmen

After an extremely lucky scavenger hunt through bins of old hardware, I have begun my first Sonic Screwdriver - my own custom design. By no means screen accurate, this thing is my own creation of strange odds and ends.

639bb9c4.jpg

1f5336f8.jpg

This is only a WIP photo set. I am planning on making the tip look like the folding sections on the 11th Doctor's sonic.

needs a light. but yeah you did get lucky to find something so cool. it also has kind of a light saber look to it. but where the bottom kinda fatter than the top it reminds me of the 3rd and 4th Doctors as well. which ive always liked. but the new ones with lights make it hard to look back.

If you do decide to add a light, I have a couple of neat LED holders. They serve many purposes in the prop world but would look great for a sonic screwdriver.

Some of my holders:
IMG_2698.jpg

IMG_2697.jpg

And a couple lit up (poor pic quality):
IMG_2700.jpg

IMG_2699.jpg

Yep. The springs move and the "claws" retract. But no lights yet... sadly. :)

And I've taken those long thumbscrews out since these pictures were taken so it looks slimmer.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back