My first skin

pill baxton

Hey everybody,

Well after months of searching through the lair and reading up on tips and some great huntorials,I finally have something to show for it.
This is my first skin,It was created using the Mr. Incredible method and it worked great. I had P1 in mind when I did the paint job,but I only wanted it loosly based on it,not exactly.
The skin came out alittle darker than I was hoping,but Im still very pleased with the results....So let me know what you think.

th_front2.jpg

th_front4.jpg

th_Back2.jpg

Looks good mate! :)

What did you use for your muscles? I'll be starting mine soon so I'm trying to get as many little tips as possible. :D

Shockwave,

I used upholstery foam for the muscles, I then used cotton pads and latex to round them out and build up where needed. Good luck on your skin!
th_Muscles.jpg

Preds,

I used a duct tape dummy to fill the suit, and for the latex I used a gallon of RD-407 mask making latex from monstermakers.com

Thanks for all the kind words everybody!

-Pill Baxton

huntorial ? hehe Nice Word ..

Yes Mate that i mean .

And Thanks for the Welcome .

The Lair is so big it´s not easy to start .

I´m a huge Pred Fan and want to build my own Pred .

Hope i will find anything .

Will start with the Head , Hands, Backpack and Bio .
I hope to creat the rest by myself.

Where can i get the Stuff? eBay ? Hellkat ? Predstuff ? Thats the Sides i found.

Regurts True.Pred

Yo is that method easy in any way I am thinking about trying it instead of the spandex method any tips for me that would be awesome!

Well it was some what easy,just time consuming. As for tips try to make your duct tape dummy alittle bigger than yourself because when the latex on the suit drys it shrinks quit a bit. Also I found that tiny beads and split peas can make some awesome looking bumps on the skin,just stick them on the wet latex and then do a layer of latex over them. Make sure you install a strong zipper on the back of the suit,my suit just came with velcro and cover the zipper with tape when you latex the suit. Before you start painting get a good idea how you want it to look and take your time. Hope this helps and good luck!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back