my first sculpt since high school

jaded

Well, like the title says, this is it. I took every damn art class offered at my high school and got to play with clay and sculpt and all that good stuff. This is my first attempt at sculpting since then. I am wanting to gradually move into making busts and maquettes of comic characters and the predator, but not to sell, just for my own decoration and enjoyment.

I do not have access to a kiln and do not know how to mold and cast, so I researched a bit and have decided to go with Sculpey. I found some good info and tutorials on how to work with it and blend it to make my own desired "firmness" with a pasta machine. I bought 8lbs of original and 1lb of super and lightly mixed the super to the original. It seems to work well for me. The armature was made with secured bolts for the legs and small gauge wire wrapped with aluminium foil for bulk. Instead of making whatever my heart deisred *cough-the hulk-cough*, I went with this anatomy diagram from a book of mine and am trying to learn how to create the muscles and proportions correctly, as practice. With some work and patience, I will be able to post some more of this project and my next one. Your thoughts and comments are appreciated, thanks.

sorry for the bad pics...camera phone

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back