My first prop - sort of... (BTTF)

mes83

Hi all

I am quite new to prop making, besides what I did when I was a kid, where my mate and I made some weird looking guns of different broken parts from other guns. :rolleyes

By after having found this great forum, I think I want to take a stab at it. I probably won't be able to do anything quite as fancy as some of you, at least not yet. But I am quite good with Photoshop and Illustrator, so I thought I would start with something simple.

After having rekindled my love for Back to the Future I thought I would do something from them. But what to do, it should be something that hasn't already been done, something that I could be able to display, and something that I would be able to do, at my current skill-level.:lol

The winner is:

Drum-roll .....

DIET PEPSI FREE.
As seen besides Marty McFly's clock radio.
Radio_clock.jpg

Here is what I have come up with so far.
This is just a quick mockup and I know some of the things doesn't line up perfectly and the nutrition facts are the wrong way. But let me know what you think.
pepsi_FREE.jpg

Now I just need to find a good picture of the back of the can - If anybody has this, please feel free to pm me:)

Thanks guys
The last one should help with the P in Pepsi, struggling to get the "feet" of the P just right. Anybody who has an idea of the font used for the "caffeine free" sentence? Don't think the one I have this far is just right.

wouldnt there be a soda collectors site where they have that exact can ? i bet someone collects em

or maybe email pepsi and ask

wouldnt there be a soda collectors site where they have that exact can ? i bet someone collects em
In the past I kept visiting so many Pepsi can/bottle collecting sites but didn't come across an exact match. Obviously it is out there, but I haven't come across any for sale on eBay.

mes83, I am glad someone is taking a crack at this. It is quite a unique BTTF item, which rarely gets mentioned.

Thanks guys
The last one should help with the P in Pepsi, struggling to get the "feet" of the P just right. Anybody who has an idea of the font used for the "caffeine free" sentence? Don't think the one I have this far is just right.

It might be Romana. I cut out the caffiene free from the picture above and entered it in the "what the font" thing at myfonts. It's close, but not as thick. It also looks simialar to Cooper, but the R is different.

Yeah, I might have to mix the fonts and give it a little tweak to make it look right.
I have mailed a couple of can collector sites, but none of them have returned my emails yet.

Vivek, that is exactly why I thought I might give it a go ;-)

Hi AJ

Haven't been able to find any on Ebay, but maybe you could point me in the right direction.
But I am just doing this for fun, its been a while since I played with Illustrator, so this is as good a practice as any.

Roland, I know this is an old thread, but I have an original CORRECT pepsi free production sheet with printed flat graphics. I also have an original filled can, nearly correct, but missing the NOW! nutrasweet label on it.
I will take pictures if anyone is interested.

Sv: My first prop - sort of... (BTTF)

Yes, I know I haven't been around much lately, but would love a print of the graphics.

Here ya go!!

Back is the same as front... If there is a front or back on a cylinder ;)

26E7C564-43D9-452E-B8C8-E2580F2EB96F-25436-00000A8D8093D7C0_zps1dbe147d.jpg

The problem is that the can and colors are glossy....
Roland PM me about this if you want to talk, I just realized that the production card I have is for 16oz not 12oz, very very disappointing...
83CA4FD6-3D27-41FA-B543-696EF409795F-25436-00000A8D777B7782_zps80c3e019.jpg

... The problem is that the can and colors are glossy....
Roland PM me about this if you want to talk, I just realized that the production card I have is for 16oz not 12oz, very very disappointing...

PM sent! :)

Do you have access to a production card of the Diet Pepsi label from the same year? This is the Pepsi Marty is drinking at the dinner:

attachment.php

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back