My First Predator Sculpt Wip

Scuba Bob

I've been following other's projects for a little while and thought I'd post some progress pics of my own sculpt. I've been working on this for about 5 days now. I haven't been sculpting long (maybe 3 months). Before that I had NO knowledge of sculpting whatsoever. Let me know what you guys think. I don't know if the format follows any particular movie, I've just been working from a series of references pics from a combo of P1, P2 and other people's sculpts. The "tusks?" were just done up quickly for this shot and I'll be doing more and work on them in the next few days as well as working on the neck and back of the head...

DSC_2320.jpg

DSC_2322.jpg

DSC_2323.jpg

And some shots with the tusks removed...

DSC_2316.jpg

DSC_2317.jpg

DSC_2318.jpg

Man that looks great for a first time sculpt!

I am in no place to critique, but, the only thing is the crown may need to be bigger?

But, i mean, like you said, this isn't a direct sculpt from a movie.

All in all i think it's good! I hope the first time I attempt it, it turns out this well! Congrats!

Thanks for the compliments guys. Ya I think I'm going to make his crown larger. I'm using Monster Makers Premium Grade clay. It's absolutely amazing. It holds detail very well, can be melted to liquid and cast, never needs a release agent, and is indefinitely reusable. Arnold, the owner of Monster Makers, is also a great guy to deal with and is very one on one with his customer service.

Please keep the comments coming, I need all the insight into this as possible. I love all the info on this site. I never knew about the different types of predators and their back stories.

I made the crown a bit bigger and also did some more texturing on the head, face and jaw, I also sculpted the tusks and textured them appropriately. I added a neck and textured that as well. All thats left is the back of the head and it'll be ready to mold....

DSC_2325.jpg

DSC_2327.jpg

DSC_2328.jpg

I'm in debate on whether I'm going to mold it or not. If i do I'll be doing it in rebound 25 silicone or mold max 30 and casting a positive out of resin with a rigid foam core. However I might tear it down and start a new project.

I don't have dimensions but i can do those on the weekend with my calipers. I basically eyeballed it. It's sculpted on an armature of my head which helped in placing a lot of the features.

Ok.
In the pics i thought it was smaller than a human head Duh!!
If you are sculpting on a positive of your on head then it must be a good size then. :)

I'll measure tonight and post up the results yesterday got pretty hectic. Out of curiosity, how much resin will i need to do a resin casting filled with rigid foam to do an average sized pred head?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back