My first predator costume (Pic Heavy)

Doombasher15

Hey everyone! So lately (before my military course started :p) i've been working on a predator costume tht fits my level of expertise and budget :( Im making a set for a human predator (been thinking of making a mini-series but we'll see how that goes). So far I've gotten a celtic bio from Green Earth because i dont know how to make the bios..yet, and i have half of the dreads done (Note: I will prob be getting rid of the black paint to turn it into an albino predator, duno yet). When I get home Ill be using some of the ideas that Ive seen on the Lair to help build the rest, starting with double wrist blades which are manually functional, then moving on to the armor or shoulder cannon. I hope you guys enjoy and Im glad to be a member of the Lair! Thanks :down:

DSCF0091.JPG

DSCF0093.JPG

DSCF0096.JPG

DSCF0104.JPG

DSCF0105.JPG

DSCF0106.JPG

DSCF0107.JPG

DSCF0135.JPG

DSCF0136.JPG

DSCF0138.JPG

DSCF0139.JPG

DSCF0145.JPG

DSCF0146.JPG

DSCF0147.JPG

DSCF0164.JPG

DSCF0176.JPG

DSCF0177.JPG

DSCF0178.JPG

So Ive been trying to come up with ideas for the whole suit and i think this is what im guna go with. The pencil is what i plan on doing, the blue pen is optional stuff tht i may decide to do along the way or at a later date. Hope u enjoy, more updates to come ;)

DSCF0398.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good man. Just few things I would like to say according to my exp. I used plasti-dip for the dreads like you have but they ended up breaking so I don't know what you used for your dreads but i hope they are stable and won't fall off. And what are you planning on doing for the costume and the mask. Mcguyvers Mr I tutorial is pretty helpful (http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=4477) as I made my skin the same way but it may require some time as mine didn't turn out the way i expected cuz i had only 2 weeks to finish my costume. There are plenty of resources on here for the tutorials and the people who you can buy the parts from. Good luck with the expedition and let me tell you that it's a fun RIDE ;)) Keep us posted.

Looks good man. Just few things I would like to say according to my exp. I used plasti-dip for the dreads like you have but they ended up breaking so I don't know what you used for your dreads but i hope they are stable and won't fall off. And what are you planning on doing for the costume and the mask. Mcguyvers Mr I tutorial is pretty helpful (http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=4477) as I made my skin the same way but it may require some time as mine didn't turn out the way i expected cuz i had only 2 weeks to finish my costume. There are plenty of resources on here for the tutorials and the people who you can buy the parts from. Good luck with the expedition and let me tell you that it's a fun RIDE B)) Keep us posted.

I ended up using Backer Rod and then spray painted it, the only problem is that the paint flakes off every now and then. I ended up sewing the backer rod to the custom hat (Sewed it to the front of the base ball cap for support). I have been looking around the site and I'm amazed at most of the costumes that I've seen here. Hopefully one day I can make that good of costume thou haha. Thanks for everything :D

I know man. People are bloody talented here. I wish I could get just 29.75% of their talent............lol. But keep trying, there are a lots of tutorials on here and after all this is what this website is all about. KNOWLEDGE and LEARNING!!! Good luck and keep us posted B)

So here's my 3rd update! I have all 40 dread locks done and sewn in:

DSCF0401.JPG

DSCF0402.JPG

DSCF0403.JPG

All hand sewn (I need to find a more efficient way of doing this :D)

DSCF0404.JPG

Here's the mask with the dreads, tho part of it was broken due to my brother's friend, only reason why its not on atm)

DSCF0405.JPG

And then here it is with the visor pieces tht i'll be installing soon:
DSCF0406.JPG

Next up is either functional wrist blades or the armor, hope u enjoy (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey man looking good so far. I have the same mask also that I am working with. I am using a dread wig that ill be dipping in liquid plastic one by one.

So I haven't updated lately because school has caught on to me and haven't had time to work on the suit. And the second thing that I am going to share is a bit of sad news. I have to restart my dreads atm bc they are too far back from the helmet and theres a few inches of space between them and the bio helmet. When am I going to be able to do this? Idk, but sadly I won't be able to reach my goal of before Halloween which is a big friggen let down for me bc I'm really into this, but school isn't cheap and that comes first unfortunately. Hopefully I can come up with sum awesome concepts while im back to the dread stage, and I'll post asap. Good luck everyone and I hope everyone is doing good

I ended up using Backer Rod and then spray painted it, the only problem is that the paint flakes off every now and then. I ended up sewing the backer rod to the custom hat (Sewed it to the front of the base ball cap for support). I have been looking around the site and I'm amazed at most of the costumes that I've seen here. Hopefully one day I can make that good of costume thou haha. Thanks for everything :)
I used backer rod too, I think it works great, I also had a problem with flaking piant

I also did basically the samething you did with the dread cap I definitly feel your pain on how long it takes to sew them on one by one. I actually asked my g/f mom to teach me how to sew just for this purpose. as far as the paint flaking off I had the same problem but I switched to plasti dip (not the spray) and put it on with a sponge. It also is somewhat of a process b/c you cant do them all at once or they stick together as they dry so I just did a couple at a time.

Sounds good thanks, and yes flaking is a prob. I got taught on my BMQ how to sew :p "In the Navy.." lol. But for all those interested, I may be doing armor seen in the avp and predator omnibus' (recently started to collect them from amazon). And this year's costume design will be Joey Jordison from Slipknot (Jumpsuit version)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back