My First Pred Bio (Budget) Fabricated From Star Wars Helmet. Pics...

Pattyk77

I began with a half mask Clonetrooper helmet from Toys r us for 11.99. I used all sorts of materials. Foam, glues, bondo, air-dry clay etc. I had to shave the top strip of the helmet off with a band saw. I originally tried to cover the forward with a rounded piece of foam but it looked ridiculous, my wife's face said it all.... the dome looked like the pope's hat. I figured I'd use the existing forehead instead even though it's slightly small. I black plasti-dipped the entire mask when ready and then sprayed rustoleum hammered silver. Then some black acrylic paint, aging by hand and brush/sponge.  

The mask has a strap in the back which is pretty decent, the inner nose piece of the mask pushes like hell on my nose so I may have to mod that. I'm in the process of the dreads now and have a mini 3 light led to add for the laser. It won't work but I'm fine with that as it will give the right look.

Man, this stuff is addicting.

IMG-20130402-00327.jpg

IMG-20130420-00498.jpg

IMG-20130423-00527.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back