My first Paint up: Bobamaker RotJ helmet

MasterEdi

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So after over a YEAR on order I finally got my Bobamaker version 3 Helmet! ... I never painted anything like this but I'll show you step by step what I did.

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

First I Dremeled some battle damage!

image.jpg

After that I carefully used some liquid frisket to preserve my silver battle damage, then started on my green paint!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 154
I peeled off the frisket and the silver underneath showed through.

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Did the same frisket, red paint, and frisket and more green

image.jpg

At this point it was just pushing and pulling paint to add more damage and adjusting colors... Still not finished but happy with my work so far...

image.jpg

Thanks!... Yeah ESB is the standard, I just like the overall rainbow colors in the RotJ. My goal is to put together a complete costume by Dec. 18th! ... Btw here is some comparison shots, on the left is the actual RotJ, right mine. I'm a little off here and there but I can live with it.

image.jpg

Looking great! Now you need to dirty it up a bit with some dark, watered down washes, then hit it with a bit of highlights again!

mm.

Awesome job.

Looks like you don't have the Bobamaker wavy brow. How did you manage that??? It was the one thing Bobamkaer did I was not nuts about.

Again, excellent work.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back