My First Mod -- Mando's Blaster

Dsimdude

Hi Everyone -

As promised, here's some pics of my very first mod. Don't get too excited. It is, of course, the Rubies Mando blaster.

THIS IS NOT SCREEN ACCURATE! I know it's missing the site and the hammer isn't quite correct. But I wanted just to do a paint mod first, just to get my feet wet, so to speak.

I pretty much followed Derek's methodology from Van Oaks props that he shows so well on his YouTube channel. I even used cinnamon and turmeric for the rust effects! (Although, in the future I think I'll just use Fuller's earth. And I'll stick to cooking with the cinnamon in the turmeric)

I would appreciate all of your thoughts and your suggestions. I want to get really good at modding, painting and creating things.

I just bought a brand new Creality Ender 3 Pro printer a few weeks ago, so you'll be seeing some of the end results of those efforts shortly.

Let me know what all of you think.

Dave

@jakesnakey360 Soulinertia MattgomeryBurns Chrisisall Valor bigkidbiggertoys DB537 VanOaksProps

Attachments

• MANDO_RT.jpg
    MANDO_RT.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 67
  • MANDO_LT.jpg
    MANDO_LT.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 61
  • MANDO_COMP_2.jpg
    MANDO_COMP_2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 55
  • MANDO_COMP_1.jpg
    MANDO_COMP_1.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 49
  • MANDO_RT_CLOSE.jpg
    MANDO_RT_CLOSE.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 53
  • MANDO_LT_CLOSE.jpg
    MANDO_LT_CLOSE.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 48
  • MANDO_GRIP.jpg
    MANDO_GRIP.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 44
  • MANDO_RT_REAR.jpg
    MANDO_RT_REAR.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
  • MANDO_LT_REAR.jpg
    MANDO_LT_REAR.jpg
    932.9 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.