My first Malcolm Reynolds cosplay

mcdrowbane

Greetings from the black! I have only recently begun to cosplay and I only have a few under my belt. I own a Firefly/Serenity themed retail nerd store in Saint Petersburg, Florida. Some of the pics will be from there.

I am using a pair of frontier trousers Frontier Classics Frontier Trousers | Wild West Mercantile

an antique grey finish confederate replica pistol Frontier Classics Frontier Trousers | Wild West Mercantile

a Texas Jockstrap holster https://secure.armysurplusforless.com/productView.php?id=4238

Jedi/Military/Cavalry/Renaissance Riding Boots Men's Costume Footwear for Pirates, Santa, Superheros and More

Western leather suspenders (I am in the process of replacing these) Leather Suspenders - Button-on|SuspenderStore

and a plain maroon all cotton shirt and leather belt.

malcolmgun1.jpgmalcolmstore.JPGmalcolmmirror.jpgmalcolmzombie.JPGmal outside.JPG

Here is the finished video of our Zombie invasion commercial.

I am open to suggestions and I plan on putting together a more professional outfit including the replica boots, browncoat, and the replica pistol. Also I am crafting a super secret weapon cosplay involving a certain ship :) I hope you enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Always good to see another Browncoat show up. Even better when they're in the same state. Welcome aboard.

Also, allow me to extend an invite over to Fireflyprops.net. There's a few of us diehards over there obsessing over FF/Serenity on a pretty much daily basis.

Always good to see another Browncoat show up. Even better when they're in the same state. Welcome aboard.

Also, allow me to extend an invite over to Fireflyprops.net. There's a few of us diehards over there obsessing over FF/Serenity on a pretty much daily basis.

Thank you so much! I'll be right over :)

Picked up a Resin kit and re-painted it. Also new holster and gun belt! Very happy with the color :)

mal gun and holster.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Also finally hemmed the pants - couldn't find the exact grosgrain so went with a textured brown... nice thick ribbon material from fabric store. Here's a super imposed pic from the last convention.
Suchan-Mal.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back