My First Finished 3d Print

Zalaian

Hi guys, thought I would post my first finished 3d printed prop.
Living in Australia makes it very hard to get certain prop replicas, one being replica firearms. Needing one to finish off my SG1 Cosplay, I printed a P90.
I printed it over 20 odd different pieces, and than did lots of sanding and gluing and painting.
It has movable parts as I wanted a close to replica off a P90. So top pieces is removable with barrel, and springs inside, so the cocking mechanism moves. The trigger moves and the clip holder as well. I am still working on replica internals. But overall i am very impressed with it, only thing i overlooked was tolerances on moving parts and not leaving enough gap as to remove the friction and removing paint during use.

I printed it on the Cocoon Create, the Aldi re branding of the Wanhao Duplicator I3, at 0.1mm layer height, .4mm nozzle. Took many hours to print, but love every minute of 3d printing and modeling.
I started with a free 3d model, then heavily modified it to incorporate the moving parts and ability to disassemble like a real p90.

20161116_122642.jpg20161127_122348.jpg20161127_122352.jpg20170108_104650.jpg20170108_104727.jpg

Awesome job! That must have been a monster to sand :)
Any chance that you're going to publish the files? Finding a standard upper receiver can be hard and expensive.

Skickat från min E5823 via Tapatalk

Im hoping to purchase either an airsoft mag or a real one, and fingers crossed all tolerances are good enough to fit one. Otherwise i will have to print a mag and than cast in a clear resin with tint, in order to have a clear mag still, much more work. So lets hope they fit and secondly i hope it gets past customs.

Im hoping to purchase either an airsoft mag or a real one, and fingers crossed all tolerances are good enough to fit one. Otherwise i will have to print a mag and than cast in a clear resin with tint, in order to have a clear mag still, much more work. So lets hope they fit and secondly i hope it gets past customs.

Avoid any of the "Well D90" parts and there just trash, go for the tokyo maori (TM) parts as the are far superior

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back