My First Ever Attempt at Mask Painting....

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

knuckledragger

Hey guys... Just wanted to share my 1st ever attempt at painting a mask... I have had the mask for about 4 years. It was made by a Pred fan that only made this one so it is truly one of a kind. Definitely not the best mask around but I like it because its original...

Well go easy on the painting... I have NEVER painted a mask before... And the kicker to the whole thing is that I did it WITHOUT an airbrush gun... The multi earth tone base coloring on the mask is done with spray paint cans (rattle cans). The inside of the mouth, teeth, and facial spots were all done by hand with a 20 cent paintbrush! Its not the "traditional" Predator coloring or spotting but I wanted a different look and I was VERY limited not having an airbrush...

I don't get butt hurt so fire away.... Thx.

DSC_0336.jpg

DSC_0346.jpg

DSC_0329.jpg

DSC_0340.jpg

DSC_0336.jpg

DSC_0346.jpg

DSC_0329.jpg

DSC_0340.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

thebigbadwolf

looks good buddy , are u gonna add more paints or gnnna keep it Grey ??? either way id add some more layers of different colors
like where the spots are , a shade of red if ur gonna keep it Grey, or if you want it to look like P1 then add white with brown shade on the spots, ;)

knuckledragger

thanks man... believe it or not its not grey... I think its the camera that did that. I used Krylon's H2O Latex spray paint line.. The base coloring on the head is actually a blend of 3 colors. Dark Brown along the edges where the dreads are, a dark beige on the top of the head, and then an ivory which is a tannish white on the face... I was going to add the shadowed brown spots in the open areas on top of the head like you said but when I finished the black I kind of dug the tribal look to it... Im contimplating it.

Where would you put red??

knuckledragger

looks good buddy , are u gonna add more paints or gnnna keep it Grey ??? either way id add some more layers of different colors
like where the spots are , a shade of red if ur gonna keep it Grey, or if you want it to look like P1 then add white with brown shade on the spots, ;)
By the way I'm from Whittier man... Grew up minutes from Norwalk... haha. In Sin City now though!