My first crack at a ANH Han Solo blaster

Fett77

Blueing isn't hard, I do it pretty often. Get some Birchwood Casey Super Blue, some applicators, and rubber gloves. Oh and you'll need some fine 0000 steel wool. I would give it a rub down with the steel wool before you do it, it seems to take better. You'll probably need to do 3 applications. The process is: apply blueing solution, rinse with cold water, dry, buff with steel wool, wash, dry, repeat.

Alternatively you could paint it. Actually the lower should be painted, and the upper should be blued to be accurate.

Blueing isn't hard, I do it pretty often. Get some Birchwood Casey Super Blue, some applicators, and rubber gloves. Oh and you'll need some fine 0000 steel wool. I would give it a rub down with the steel wool before you do it, it seems to take better. You'll probably need to do 3 applications. The process is: apply blueing solution, rinse with cold water, dry, buff with steel wool, wash, dry, repeat.

Alternatively you could paint it. Actually the lower should be painted, and the upper should be blued to be accurate.
What about my barrel, it’s not too thin what paint in bottom.

Yes, the bull barrel should be a bit larger in diameter, and there are chamfers where it steps up higher than the frame. And the underside is flat, to allow the upper to slide back when the action cycles.
ANH_realhero_left.jpg

I think 7/8 I can't remember. I got the ID and OD of the barrel and bought aluminum tube. Used a metal file and a hacksaw to make it! I would recommend buying one just for the ease of fitting it to the barrel shoulder, real pain!

I like high heat grill paint by rustoleum

G
I think 7/8 I can't remember. I got the ID and OD of the barrel and bought aluminum tube. Used a metal file and a hacksaw to make it! I would recommend buying one just for the ease of fitting it to the barrel shoulder, real pain!

I like high heat grill paint by rustoleum
The one I made , is actually steel ware can I get an aluminum one ?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back