My first costume attempt, Captain America

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by rodimal, Feb 29, 2012.

1. rodimal

rodimal New Member

This is my first attempt at making a costume, and i decided to start off pretty big i guess. I am trying to do a Captain America build based off the new movie costume. There is not much yet but i will update my photobucket accordingly when i get more done.\

This is my attempt at the arm gauntlets. The picture show it placed over top of a soccer shin guard, which seem to hold it on really good. This is my free hand attempt to create something close to what we have seen in the pictures.I have not decided if i am going to just paint up/modify the shin guard a bit or use the shell i created over top, but would love some feeback that should help me make a decision.thanks.

Pictures by rodimal2 - Photobucket

2. Grave

Grave Well-Known Member

you need to use less hot glue and cut angles on the board. will look much cleaner.

3. slipshot139

slipshot139 New Member

I definitely agree with Grave. But as its your first build. Over time you will learn the best techniques. If you are using hot glue try to avoid using it on the outside of your pieces. And if you do you can smooth the glue down with your finger (just make sure its not tooo hot!)

4. IronWarrior777

IronWarrior777 Well-Known Member

I am building my own Captain America costume, I am also using a hot glue gun for almost everything. If you would like some good tips, just watch my thread on it. I will also be adding templates soon if that can help also. Your off to a good start.

5. crabra comander

crabra comander Sr Member

Good 1st start...

6. Grave

Grave Well-Known Member

ya, sorry if that made me seem like an *. just saying what i had to learn on my own.
    but we are all here to help. and yes. good work on your first wip