Sorry for the pics

336066627.jpg

336066630.jpg

336066632.jpg

336066641.jpg

336066636.jpg

336066649.jpg

336066652.jpg

Nice Job Dude. How do you get the foam to have that texture like on the barrel. Did you buy the foam like that or you used something? What kind of glue did you buy. I bought foam last night to do the same.

That is an excellent job! You know I tried doing this and Failed! I dont think I had the correct construction foam...

"round of applause for you"

Nice Job Dude. How do you get the foam to have that texture like on the barrel. Did you buy the foam like that or you used something? What kind of glue did you buy. I bought foam last night to do the same.

I used a floral foam on the barrel is like balsa foam ,color green or brown i get it in Michaels is very soft and you can cut, drill it very easy , and mold it with your hands ,for the cilinder i use styrofoam white then i cover it with acrilic gesso for harden it , and glue it. Glue.- I use "Hold the foam " ( micheals ) you can try with hot glue.Im going to do another with styrofoam white and cover the barrel with Ceramic Stucco Texture Gel " Liquitex I use it for made model bases " is very light ".

That is an excellent job! You know I tried doing this and Failed! I dont think I had the correct construction foam...

"round of applause for you"

Use a floral foam ( Hard one, white color ) you can cover it with ceramic stucco for get a smooth
surface :D

I used a floral foam on the barrel is like balsa foam ,color green or brown i get it in Michaels is very soft and you can cut, drill it very easy , and mold it with your hands ,for the cilinder i use styrofoam white then i cover it with acrilic gesso for harden it , and glue it. Glue.- I use "Hold the foam " ( micheals ) you can try with hot glue.Im going to do another with styrofoam white and cover the barrel with Ceramic Stucco Texture Gel " Liquitex I use it for made model bases " is very light ".

Im going to do mines starting today. I will post pictures up. Thanks man....

Foamies strike again!!
Thanks for sharing this great cannon.
I am in the process of trying too decide if i should make a cannon for my suit.
Well i am impressed so looks like i'm making a cannon too,..... :D

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back