my first bio paintjob

khan1

This is my first attempt on painting a bio(a mystyria bio).I am sattisfied about the result but i have to learn a bit more about blending the paints together.If you want to comment please do i can use tips

DSC05880.JPG

DSC05879.JPG

DSC05878.JPG

DSC05925.JPG

Not Bad for a first timer. You can use ripped up sponges to give it more stained textures and stuff.
Keep up the good work!

what did you use? acrylic paint or aerosol?
i used aerosol as a base and for the wheatering i used enamels.i am stil practising whit my airbrush,different paints and finer lines.i am used to do modelbuilding cars and aeroplaines those are bigger sufaces,the finer details i did with a brush.so i stil need the practice but the acrylic is growing on me,perhaps my next one(a boar bio) i'll try with acrylics

i used aerosol as a base and for the wheatering i used enamels.i am stil practising whit my airbrush,different paints and finer lines.i am used to do modelbuilding cars and aeroplaines those are bigger sufaces,the finer details i did with a brush.so i stil need the practice but the acrylic is growing on me,perhaps my next one(a boar bio) i'll try with acrylics
Thanks. Im getting everything i need tomorrow and using aerosol,but like you said details with acrylic.
And i dont know what a boar bio helmet is,but i think you should make the gold one you got on your pic if that isnt a boar bio. That would be awsome!

Hey dude nice mask! how did you create the visor because im having trouble marking out where to cut my eye sockets and i was wondering how you created your eye lenses to get that cross hatching effect. Really good quality mask mate, good job.

You've done a great job, the black wash is really well done. I can tell by looking you've done scale models for a while, the skills definitely translated well to your mask. I was planning on using the exact same techniques when it came time to paint my first Bio, now I know I won't be disappointed.

If you have not already done so, check the List of Huntorials and take a gander under Bio Painting. Also, PredatrHuntr has compiled a great list of Huntorials in his profile, as well as created an AWESOME Bio Helmet Reference Thread. Definitely check them all out!

Personally, for my P1 Stunt Bio, I will be going with the following tried and true method, per ptgreek, which is also the way I knocked out my Spartan Armor:

1. WASH the bio with dishwashing detergent. Some people haven't stated this previously and unfortunately a few weeks back, another member found out the hard way and had to strip his paint job.
2. Base coat with a cheap rattle can of auto primer. I found a black one at Home Depot for $3-4.
3. Depending upon bio, and ultimate goal, you can spray a siler coat (Again, rattle can) on top of that. I'm still up in the air on this step.
4. Move on to acrylics. I use the bottled DecoArt Dazzling Mettalics, Folk Art, and Americana found at Michael's, over in the crafts section, not the airbrush acrylics, but that's just me. Pick a couple of different colors and have some fun mixing the colors up. I just mix different shades as I go, a little at a time, on a picnic plate.
5. Use a sponge, brushes, fingers, etc. to apply and blend your colors. You can also go back while it's wet and pull some of the paint off with paper towels. You can further take a scotch brite sponge and take off the dry paint with some water, but be careful because the colors will start to bleed together and you'll lose the mottled look.
6. Some guys clear coat. Some guys don't. The big pro to clear coat is it makes the paint job more resilent to scrapes. I had a guy spill beer on my Spartan greaves and it totally jacked up my pack job. On the downside, as has been pointed out to me, clear coating takes away from the mottled appearance. So, experiment and go with what you are comfortable with as a final look.

Many more steps can be found in the threads above, as well as other tricks for blast marks, and further weathering. Best of luck!

Hey dude nice mask! how did you create the visor because im having trouble marking out where to cut my eye sockets and i was wondering how you created your eye lenses to get that cross hatching effect. Really good quality mask mate, good job.
I first put in the mesh wire on the place it has to come then holding it on the top between the two eyes with one or two fingers so it wil stay in place,i push with a finger of my other hand the meshwire in the opening of the eyes.You do this until you're sattisfied with the result.Then you stick it down with ducttape(smal pieces)and you hotglue the mesh down,take away the tape and finish of.If you want you can highlight the mesh with some drybrushing :D

You said you're looking for the bio in your profile picture? I think casey (biohunter76) sells one..it's either him or hez I'd ask casey he's great to deal with.

Casey does make the Elder bio. :D I know this cuz I own one :lol:

i'll need one,......thinking i should get the bio first that way the mask will fit perfect ,.....
still juggling with what i want to do first though,..........
already stripped alot of old hockey pads for their plastic and foam pieces,.....

You said you're looking for the bio in your profile picture? I think casey (biohunter76) sells one..it's either him or hez I'd ask casey he's great to deal with.
yeah,i did some googling and found his name.after i've orderd my P2 mask from usurper i'll contact casey about the price for one of those.thanks anyway :D

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back