my first Bio helmet build Armature questions

Nickolos

hey guys this is going to be my first bio attempt and i was just wondering if yall had some tips on the armature for it thanks alot

P.S this forum uses some lingo im not quite sure on like im assuming P1 stands for predator 1 design like with arnold and P2 is danny glover design or am i completely off thanks for your time

howdy ho,

so you are going to sculpt a bio and you need an armature?
i made my armature based off my half mask. it's kinda the way you want to go. that way you know it will fit your mask.

i placed plastic wrap over my half mask and then put a thin layer of plaster strips over it. i then took off the plaster strips and and bulked it up on the underside. i then covered the thing in fiberglass resin so the clay would come off it easier.

you can see my armature in this thread

http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=15792

and yes P1 stands for the pred in Predator and P2 stand for the pred in Predator 2

cheers

and id love too do a mask or even a half mask but i just dont have the time or the money right now id love to buy one of your half masks but im strapped on cash but ive wanted to do a bio helmet ever since i like 10 lol so i think i might just have to do a generic armature then if i ever get some breathing room on cash to work on a mask thatll be the first thing i do

well then your best bet is to eyeball it. normal bio dimensions are about a 12 inch wide crown and about 20 inch from tip of crown to chin. but if you want it to fit a mask, its better to have the mask. otherwise you wll be designing a mask to fit your bio.

i would make a smaller bio type shape with cardboard for a base. use a great stuff expanding foam in the underside, and then cover the cardoard with fiberglass resin. now you have your base to put clay on.

good luck

EDIT:
just thought of another idea. if you do pepakura you can get a bio file and print that out in a reduced size and make you armature out of that instead. still doing the foam and glass though.

thanks man that was exactly what i needed thanks for the help i appreciate it and by the way your noland sculpt is sick bro

but im thinking ill just make it a display bio unless i can find a super cheap half mask if you know anybody that has like a damaged one or a bad paint up on one thats selling it cheap thatd be awesome

dude yeah man found out about that like last week i was going to ask you some questions about it and its size this program is so awesome but thanks man

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back