My First Bio Attempt!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Kamaji

Just wanted to share my very first bio I am trying to construct. I have never attempted anything like this before, which is why this took me almost 3 hours for what you see here. Lol. I plan on sculpting a little and using bondo. I know there are problems. But i am pretty excited about the project! Any tips or suggestions for adding more sculpting designs, i.e. the sides, would be much appreciated!

Obviously its a budget build. Be nice. ;)

IMAG0014.jpg

IMAG0015.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

LadyZero

Oh yay, a cardboard user! I would say that's well on the way to being a pretty awesome little construction. Looks good so far mate.

Will be following this thread, for sure!

Kamaji

So, I decided the front needed to be built out a little. So I did that, which only makes the sides look awkward. Hunter-Hunted, thanks for that link. Deff gonna check it out! Gonna try and bondo it this weekend. I'm hoping it will straighten out some unevenness.

I dont expect much for my first bio, I didn't measure anything out honestly. I'll update frequently. Also, for some reason i am having issues uploading pictures from my phone. Ill update ASAP.

Double H

So, I decided the front needed to be built out a little. So I did that, which only makes the sides look awkward. Hunter-Hunted, thanks for that link. Deff gonna check it out! Gonna try and bondo it this weekend. I'm hoping it will straighten out some unevenness.

I dont expect much for my first bio, I didn't measure anything out honestly. I'll update frequently. Also, for some reason i am having issues uploading pictures from my phone. Ill update ASAP.
Thats ok man, no problem here to help. To be honest with you, I had 3 attempts at making a bio before I got the one in the thread and trust me my original one looked nothing like the last lol. You have made an excellent start trust me

Kamaji

So a little update... I have built out the front and sides using some pipe insulation and more cardboard. I also decided to use some fiberglass cloth and then used resin and liquid hardener to make it more sturdy. In no way is this movie accurate, which i understand. But it has been a learning experience using some cheap materials to try and make something like this. I can't wait to finish it and then start a new one! Here are some picture of the updates.

IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0039.jpg

IMAG0137.jpg

IMAG0139.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Double H

Thats coming along brilliantly. Its really starting to take shape bud!

Cardboard bios, as cheap as the maybe, are a brilliant learning curve for any budget builder. The work and time put into each one that is made should show anyone how determined the individual is and how dedicated they are to their build. As I have said on various threads (including my own) it took me 3 attempts before I got mine anywhere near screen accurate so I take my hat of to you sir. (y)

Nice work keep it up fella!!

Kamaji

Thanks!

I want to try and sculpt from clay for my next bio but unsure where to even start. I have to do reserach on the materials. Also buying a raw under mask soon, which is exciting.