My first AVP Scar suit

ablary

Hey everyone,
Thought id share my first predator suit, unsure of the maker, got this off ebay and planning to use this as reference but couldn’t resist wearing it to get a feel. I always prefer to put my suits together.
This is an awesome looking suit but I found it very difficult to move around and breath – something to take into consideration with my next build. And I found latex props more comfortable than resin.
Also the gauntlets still need work – as you can see, I used basic rubber bands to hold them in place for now.
As some of you may know, I have made and put together Batman/spawn props for awhile now and looking to expand my horizons and networks. So stay tuned for the next build
Cheers,
Lary

P6090028.jpg

P6090032.jpg

P6090026.jpg

P6090034.jpg

Looks great mate!

Whereabouts in Oz are you? I'm really hoping to have my suit done by the time Armageddon's on in Melbourne, might have to start organizing something with other aussie members. ;)

Lookin' good Lary

Whereabouts in Oz are you? I'm really hoping to have my suit done by the time Armageddon's on in Melbourne, might have to start organizing something with other aussie members. ;)

I'm hoping to have mine done by Armageddon as well. Be nice to catch up.

Thanks for the comments everyone,
Shockware, I am in Melbourne, and will be attending Armageddon as Batman (comic style) - 2 preds and batman will make a great photo opp
We all have to def meet! I work in the CBD

Hello mate, i think it is better to use a bit of dark silver or dark gray, for darken parts of the armour, to make it more real, a little more used, fought, dated (I hope to make you understand) you used the flash of photocamera but it seems too bright, but you did a great job, gz!!

Andrea

As much as I would like to take credit for it, I didn’t paint this costume, it does have an awesome paint job though, the metal colour is pretty good and detailed. But since these were taken indoors at around 11pm with flash – it has significantly altered the colour.
but I do understand where your coming from Andrea and agree with you ;)

congrats on the suit, looks like theres gonna be heaps of australian preds at the conventions from now on, any chance yourself or shockwave will be coming to Gencon in Brisbane in september?

congrats on the suit, looks like theres gonna be heaps of australian preds at the conventions from now on, any chance yourself or shockwave will be coming to Gencon in Brisbane in september?

Most likely I won't be, not this year anyway. But I'll see if I can start going to other states in the next couple of years. ;)

I was at Gencon a couple of years ago, with the 501st tho. Had a blast. I can't go this year, but will try next year.

Great to see a couple of new Aussie preds on the forum, im heading down to Sydney for Supanova this Friday with my Alien, if any of you guys are there let me know.

Sorry for hijacking your thread ablary :S

Great to see a couple of new Aussie preds on the forum, im heading down to Sydney for Supanova this Friday with my Alien, if any of you guys are there let me know.

Sorry for hijacking your thread ablary :S

Was going to head down myself but the car died :p

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back