My first attempt

Hippie

Hi Guys.
Got a Bio from Mysteria Models recently and had a go at painting and finishing.
This is my first ever Bio and like to know what you think.
Any comments and tips will be well recieved.

Thanks.
Christian.

Edited. Better pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I didnt like this paint job so I had another go.
Please let me know what you think. Any tips/advice will be well recieved.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks.
Not sure the claw marks are pronounced enough though. I might remove bigger chunks at the edge. Or maybe warm it up and bend it slightly also so it looks like its had a good whack.

No i think they a prominent enough and I think it looks good as it is. Brilliant job, doesn't need adjusting in my eyes.

Yeah, that looking awesome fella. Cracking paint up, nice job.

Recently bought a mysteria scar bio myself - waiting on the delivery lol so this thread is a great help for paint up ideas. Forgot to ask before, did you add the scratch marks using a dremmel?

Same as yours lol is that how the scar was made? would never have thought of using a soldering iron - great idea.

What colours, styles etc did you paint your bio? I was always a fan of the classic hammered silver colour bio myself.

Like the idea of your scratch marks, pretty awesome idea

The scar was already there.

I used so many colours. Black, grey, silver, copper, gold, orange.... Applied with spray cans, brushes, fingers and rags. Whatever I thought would work. I'm new to this also so it was just trial and error.
The Claw marks are a soldering Iron. The gouges in the jaw are a wire brush wheel on the end of a drill. I set fire to it (safety first !! Did it in the middle of my garden with a fire extinguisher at hand), pourd a little paint thiners on it, sanded, laquered, sanded, Dripped melted wax onto it and poured a black was onto the crown.

Thanks Ice. Appreciated Fella.

Preds. I laminated some mirror card/board. Black paint in the corners and alchohol to make it look battered.

C.

looks great bud !!!!! take a bow my friend if thats your first time at painting a bio " look out everyone here comes ChrisPen" !!! (y) even Ice likes it , you got to see his ******* pic gallery!!! its bad ass

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm flattered. Although I do believe that the result I've got is mainly down to luck.
The encouragement given on the lair is awesome.

My P1 Stunt arrived from George yesterday so I've made a start on that.
Its my first raw bio and I'm very much looking forward to working on it. Already started the sanding. Mainly concentrating on the eyebrow area and just through shaping with a sander the dent has completely gone. Shows how much I've removed as the dent was fairly deep. The shape here is looking good now.
Also been working on the back of the head by the fin on the left side. This side of the bio is raised quite a bit compared to the other and again just through sanding I have a fairly good result. Obviously a lot more to do but hey.

Must say that I realy like this bio though. Cant wait to get it finished.
Thanks to George.

Christian.

Awe thanks man..cant wait to see the progress on the Stunt ..on the "crack " on the rear fin ..ive actually had luck just sanding it down ..hitting it with primer sanding that down, repeat ..then carving back the line with a dremel. Never had to fill it.

great job on the scar re-do ..man i love your "out of the box" approach to experimenting with paint and wax. that is what its all about ...keep trying new things until you are satisfied.

you are getting the hang of this stuff fast bro ...looking forward to more greatness from you

Although I do believe that the result I've got is mainly down to luck.

Ha, that's half the fun. :D Many a time I've started a project with no idea at all how it'd look when I was done--and often without any really clear idea how I was gonna do it anyway. I often try different things just to see how they turn out. Some work, some don't, but all are learning experiences.

hahahaha ..I always forget to tell people that the "dent" in the brow is actually part of the sculpt ..If you look closely at the screen worn bio ..you can see it. Dont worry bro ..about 70% remove that dent when they get it

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back