My finished suit

leatherneck

As I posted before I was finally able to debut my suit at the Albuquerque Comic Con. For now I am calling it finished although I still plan on making some adjustments to it. The skins, hands and feet are from Dan Snyder, mask from Mannowar, gaunts are screen used S.E.E.D. from Mr Fett, hard armor parts are from Ruffkin, bio is from Hez with working lasers from Casey, gaunt blades are also from Casey. The suit fits me like a glove and is surprisingly easy to move around in.

Con2.jpg

Con7-1.jpg

Con4.jpg

Killer suit. Looks very comfortable and flexible for you. The leather strips look great.

Thanks! The leather strips are actually cloth, but it matches the actual leather used on the suit pretty well. I had to use the strips to get some extra padding in the calf and forearm areas. The gaunts have some weight to them and the blade gaunt kept wanting to spin around. I foamed the interior of the shins but ordered the wrong foam so I had to do some extra padding there to keep them in place. I accidentally ordered rigid foam instead of flexible foam :) In the end it worked out pretty well. I got a ton of compliments on it.

Very good job!
I got some simulated suede and made a belt..had to dye the back of it black because the simulated stuff is white on the back but it came out great.

so the first Albuquerque Comic Con already got a kickass Predator walking around. Nice suit Leatherneck!

Thanks for all the comments guys! I really want to get started on a second suit. Trying to save up now to get it done before the Santa Fe Sci Fi convention in August. I learned alot doing this one and plan on doing some things differently on the next one.

Very nicely done on the suit, Leatherneck. Everything just flows so well, the dreads & everything are Fantastic & I'm digging the "Leather" look of the cloth. I hope everyone who sees it compliments it.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back