My finished PROTEUS

raidernationhef

My finished PROTEUS
Movies...TV...cartoons.....My display idea has em all covered. These shots are of my completed PROTEUS resin kit I got from Drew @ Crows Nest Models. After basically 45 years of waiting for this model (saw FV at the drive in in '66) Drew has helped make my yearning a reality!!
notworthy.gif

With my PROTEUS is my other fave model the SPINDRIFT from LOTG. Also inside is the plastic kit of the Mach 5 from Speed Racer. (Where the hell was this model when I was 7 years old and had a hot love affair with the M5 ??!!??) You'll also notice A "mini me" PROTEUS on my homemade 'miniaturizer' pad. That is a tiny pewter nugget of a model I got off Ebay last year. I painted it up myself.
I built up the "landing gear" legs for the PROTEUS myself. I realize its not quite true to the film version since the "landing gear" are NOT deployed in the miniturizer scene.....but I figured 'what the hell', artistic liberty! They came out damn good, anyway...IMHO. hopefully the photos I took load up allright.....

Thanks again Drew!!! It may have been pricey, but it was worth it! Why the heck didnt you create this beauty years ago, dammit!!?
icon_wink.gif

Lemme know what ya guys think.....

CYA,
Raidernationhef

What a great design. Quite a nice model too. And you did a great job on the build. That's a nice detail with the human 'map' inside the PROTEUS.

Ted.

Love it!

Nice build and I love the way you display it with the pad!

Diggin the Spindrift to!

Thanks guys. I love these 2 models. :love After a lifetime of model building I believe the PROTEUS is my Swan Song. I've done the full sail version of The CONSTITUTION; The Queen Mary THREE times; The SPINDRIFT 3 times as well (1 burned up in a fire, 1 lost); countless ships, planes, cars, space vehicles (NCC-1701 included), The Seaview, even one of those clear fully operating V-8 engines (I rigged a SLEW of "D" cells together ---that SOB was HUMMIN'!--- then later proceeded to have fun w/friends and stuck an M-80 inside it and blew it to kingdom come.) :love And now that I've achieved my "Nirvana" by finally getting possession of the PROTEUS :love :love........I have no kingdoms left to conquer. :cry

Great work on the Proteus. It's on the small side, but it looks like a great kit.

I've never heard anyone say they've built everything! Most folks lament they have no time to build all that they want, me included.

Lemme rephrase that....no models left that I REALLY want to build.
The PROTEUS was my dream model.

Now, when you say you think its on the small side, what do you mean? I believe this scale is the only one available. Correct me if Im wrong.....

Oh, ok, gotcha. A skosh bigger than this 1/48th, huh?

BTW....cant believe I forgot to mention one other model I made years ago, and still have proudly on display....

The full launchpad and Space Shuttle set up (now discontinued). I love this model. Its a memorial to the now-gone Shuttle program, as well as to the 2 tragic missions in '86 and ('06 i think) :sleep I of course used the "Challenger" decals on this particular model when I made it years ago.....I've added my own small memorials inside as well.

Beautiful work on all of those! The Proteus kit, particularly.
BTW....cant believe I forgot to mention one other model I made years ago, and still have proudly on display....

The full launchpad and Space Shuttle set up (now discontinued). I love this model. Its a memorial to the now-gone Shuttle program, as well as to the 2 tragic missions in '86 and ('06 i think) :sleep I of course used the "Challenger" decals on this particular model when I made it years ago.....I've added my own small memorials inside as well.
We lost Challenger on 28 January, 1986 (I was in high school); Columbia on 1 February, 2003 (Deployed to Pakistan).

Regardless, excellent work on the pad and stack. Nice tribute, as well.

That Proteus is OUTSTANDING! You gave great taste in models. I too have an afinity for this sub along with the Spindrift, Jupiter 2, Seaview, and the various incarnations of the Enterprise. Well done that you got to build your dream ship!

Awesome buildup! Nice job on the Landing gear. I envy you having seen Fantastic Voyage at the drive-in, I was only 4 when it came out so I didn't see it until years later on TV but I instantly fell in love with the Proteus and have dreamt of a kit for years. I agree with you that this kit was well worth the wait, its absolutely amazing! Just got mine yesterday, chomping at the bit to build it!

Ken

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back