My finished Prof. Snape costume---pic heavy

Eveningarwen

So I made the jacket and the pants for a client and I made the robe for another client. Both were kind enough to let me do a photoshoot with the pieces so I could use it for my portfolio and website etc. Unfortunately my model ----aka my very nice friend who took the time to drive down to me and pose in the costume lol------ was not quite the right measurements so the garment doesn't fit perfectly but we did the best we could. There are definitely some things I would like to change for future probably but overall I'm happy. One thing I'm pretty sure is that the wool used for the actual costume was probably not thick at all....or it was much more closer to suiting wool then peacoat wool which is the type of wool I'm using. In the pics with Alan Rickman the outfit looks so sturdy on him and smooth. I know a lot of that is to do with proper fit and being able to tailor the garment on him but still.....I always thought it was really thick wool and I really am not convinced of that anymore. Curiouser and Curiouser. Anywho, here's my pics. I've posted some in one of the other snape builds but I thought I'd create my own thread so I'm not clogging that one up with more pics. I figure if there can be 20 different Iron Man build threads then Severus Snape can have a few too lol. :lol
DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

Sure good old Severus deserves his own thread. :lol
Love the coat, and the robe looks amazing (especially the back - I think the fabric flows beautifully).

Great job! :thumbsup Perhaps the clients are willing to take pictures in the costume too?

Lol. Thanks so much. Unfortunately the client for the robe had a smaller budget for it so I couldn't buy as much material as was needed to have really intense cartridge pleats in the back for that extra oomf but the fabric does drape real nice so I hope that kind of makes up for it lol.

I hope they do send me pics11111 ----my keyboard isn't working right so those 1's are exclamation marks lol----

Sure good old Severus deserves his own thread. :lol
Love the coat, and the robe looks amazing (especially the back - I think the fabric flows beautifully).

Great job! :thumbsup Perhaps the clients are willing to take pictures in the costume too?

Looks great!

This was one of the few costumes I looked around for for the opening of the next Harry Potter movie... but alas, it seems other than school uniforms, Harry Potter costumes are hard to come by. Too bad I have no sewing skills.

Anyway, another job well done.

Here some exclamation points you can borrow- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just copy and paste them :D

Nice work. By far my favorite costume from the HP movies. Lots of details in there. You really did a fantastic job.

I know museum replicas does Snape and Dumbledore I believe but other then them I think you're right....not to many of the adult costumes which is a shame. And thanks for the !!!!! lol! I have a gaming keyboard so we were able to assign some of my other keys as my new shift, alt and control keys so now I have punctuation again lol!

Lesson to everyone.....don't spill water on your expensive keyboard.

And thanks everyone else for the kind words! This garment took me forever because I've never made the male version or his pants before so I'm so glad to finally be done with it. But now I have another male snape jacket to make and some female ones.....IT'S NEVERENDING!!! TO MANY BUTTTTOONNNSSSS......

Looks great!

This was one of the few costumes I looked around for for the opening of the next Harry Potter movie... but alas, it seems other than school uniforms, Harry Potter costumes are hard to come by. Too bad I have no sewing skills.

Anyway, another job well done.

Here some exclamation points you can borrow- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just copy and paste them :D

Eve...my Webster's Dictionary and Roget's Thesaurus both just burst into flames, what with me trying to find enough complimentary allusions to describe your awesome work....suffice it to say, I can now die a happy Snape costumer, since I've seen this. :thumbsup

Rob

(Just for you:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !)

Well my customer wanted it black black because he's going to be wearing it as normal clothes. (the robe is not his) But to be honest I'm one of those who firmly believe that the coat is black but it's a blue based black. I know there was some whole controversy/argument about that somewhere on here lol. I figure he's described in the book as wearing all black and in the movie it looks black. So even if the real coat was blue, I go by what everyone recognizes color wise in the movie usually. That and I've seen plenty of production stills and behind the scenes photos of him in costume and that coat just looks black when he's not wearing the robe. But to each their own lol.

That's an awesome wig that you got by the way!

This looks fantastic!!!

Do most people do the dark gray/black cloth instead of the dark navy blue?
That's what I've noticed... even my friend who made one a few years back did the same thing.

Here's my "build" off site...

This made me laugh really hard hahahhaha! I'm really glad you like it and if you ever have any questions about what I did or what I would change feel free to ask me! :D

Eve...my Webster's Dictionary and Roget's Thesaurus both just burst into flames, what with me trying to find enough complimentary allusions to describe your awesome work....suffice it to say, I can now die a happy Snape costumer, since I've seen this. :thumbsup

Rob

(Just for you:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !)

Oh, believe me...when I get that deep into sewing this beast (especially those cartridge pleats :eek), I'll be the first to knock on the "Eveningarwen Virtual Door of Awesome Snape Costuming Knowledge" (the "EVDASCK", for you noobs out there reading this)! :lol

Rob

Eveningarwen,

Having researched the Professor Snape outfit, designing my own and having it sewn (taylored), I can certainly attest to the fact that you've done an excellent job! :thumbsup Will the recipients of your work be at DragonCon this year?

ATL

Eveningarwen,

Having researched the Professor Snape outfit, designing my own and having it sewn (taylored), I can certainly attest to the fact that you've done an excellent job! :thumbsup Will the recipients of your work be at DragonCon this year?

ATL

Thanks so much! Alas no lol. The owner of the pants and jacket is in the Czech Republic and the owner of the robe and another jacket I'm making I don't think attends conventions but is just going to wear it for the premiere and probably Halloween.

Eveningarwen:

Wow. Just. WOOOOOOOOOW. This is amazing!!!

Thanks so much! Every time I see my Snape costume I wish I was a guy so I could do the full blown thing. I guess I'll just have to make the rest of my "girl" version and settle for that. I unfortunately can't do the "asexual" version because I just don't have the body to pull off that look.

Thanks so much! Every time I see my Snape costume I wish I was a guy so I could do the full blown thing. I guess I'll just have to make the rest of my "girl" version and settle for that. I unfortunately can't do the "asexual" version because I just don't have the body to pull off that look.

You made the female Snape coat I saw on DeviantART. Amazing work! I loved seeing a female twist on his clothing. And your male Snape costume looks great as well!

You made the female Snape coat I saw on DeviantART. Amazing work! I loved seeing a female twist on his clothing. And your male Snape costume looks great as well!

Yep that was me! I'm actually planning on doing some pants and a robe to go with that jacket to pull off the rest of the look. Hopefully soonish as well and then I'll post it in my female snape thread that I have here. I just love this costume and character way to much ahahah!

So I made the jacket and the pants for a client and I made the robe for another client. Both were kind enough to let me do a photoshoot with the pieces so I could use it for my portfolio and website etc. Unfortunately my model ----aka my very nice friend who took the time to drive down to me and pose in the costume lol------ was not quite the right measurements so the garment doesn't fit perfectly but we did the best we could. There are definitely some things I would like to change for future probably but overall I'm happy. One thing I'm pretty sure is that the wool used for the actual costume was probably not thick at all....or it was much more closer to suiting wool then peacoat wool which is the type of wool I'm using. In the pics with Alan Rickman the outfit looks so sturdy on him and smooth. I know a lot of that is to do with proper fit and being able to tailor the garment on him but still.....I always thought it was really thick wool and I really am not convinced of that anymore. Curiouser and Curiouser. Anywho, here's my pics. I've posted some in one of the other snape builds but I thought I'd create my own thread so I'm not clogging that one up with more pics. I figure if there can be 20 different Iron Man build threads then Severus Snape can have a few too lol. :lol
DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg
wow looks awesome

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back