My finished Pit Droid

TheSt.LouisKid

Sr Member
Been awhile since I have been back here.

Here is my pit droid printed in PETG. 46 inches tall. Four lenses in the eye to give it a more realistic look. The blue/red arm is to look as if it were found in a scrap yard as a replacement as is the dark green toe. Light weathering overall but chipped and scraped more on the blue arm.

pit droid00.jpg

Wow, that looks brilliant. The finish is great, did it involve lots of sanding/filling? (I've just started 3D printing, and I'm coming to terms with how much prep is needed to achieve a good finish!)

Is this the one for sale on pinterest? Spacebobs i think? The instructions seem to leave out the eye lenses, What did you use? Plastruct?

Been awhile since I have been back here.

Here is my pit droid printed in PETG. 46 inches tall. Four lenses in the eye to give it a more realistic look. The blue/red arm is to look as if it were found in a scrap yard as a replacement as is the dark green toe. Light weathering overall but chipped and scraped more on the blue arm.

View attachment 1421637
I love it !! Great job !

I went to a flea market. While there I saw a lightbulb focusing sconce thing comprised of more than one lens. I asked the guy what it was and he didn't know. If I knew a proper name for the thing I would tell you. One lens fit perfectly, the other needed a little tweeking....both were acrylic. I also used two small lenses from a toy telescope so there are four lenses in the socket for realism.

I just finished the printing on my battle droid and was going to start printing a pit droid next! did you use the files from Project842? if not which ones? they look great!

Did you find a break down on paint schemes? I have just started printing the head on mine and I am looking at options so i can start ordering paint!

Way Cool, see this on ESTY for 285 unfinished, thinking about it???
There seem to be 2 main model sets out there, Project842 and Droid Division

this looks like a droid division one to me, that seems to be what most of the sets are made of, I would guess $100 worth of material and STLs to do one yourself, that’s quite a markup....

I just finished mine, took a little over 4k g or 4 rolls with a couple pieces I had to reprint.

I bought the DroidDivision files. I liked how the big pieces like head and some leg stuff had files for smaller printers (I have a Prusa MK3S) WITH registration marks so it was easy to put the pieces together.

Attachments

• SW 3d pit droid.jpg
    SW 3d pit droid.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 114

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back