My finished Dreadlocks.

YautjaSlayer

Well I got them done . I have 46 in total. They are very flexable and seem to work great. now I just need dread rings... and the rest of my costume.

Tell me what you think!

Dreds003.jpg

Dreds001.jpg

YautjaSlayer

Dreds003.jpg

Dreds001.jpg

They look good, were you going to burn the tips of them to point them?
Cant wait to see what they look like on a mask! :)

Looking good. Can't tell what they are made out of so I cannot make a suggestions as to getting a point. Mine were made from "backer rod" foam, and I sanded the tip on the bench sander.

Oz

I tryed the backer rod idea and it did not work the way I wanted. These are made of rope diped in latex. They work very well, they just are a little thin. I might make some more with bigger rope later.

Might be tuff getting a point out of those. You can try burning them depending on the type of rope. Be careful trying that out. You could also make a very small plaster mold of a tip (like a pointed tip arrow head). Once the mold is dry you could pour it 1/3 full with latex and stick the end of the rope in it. Aftter drying you should have a little latex tip. Good luck!!

Oz

before you dip them ,take a lighter/torch and if they are nylon you can heat the tips up,get them melting and then with wet fingers you can mold the tips to a point....then dip them...just be careful and make sure you have WET FINGERS!!!! or you will have burnt fingers. molten nylon sticks to skin real well!! when you peel it off the skin goes with it!

:mad: yeah l kinda figured that out. lol

I am not sure ho to do it since I allready diped them so possibly plasi-dip for the tips? I have some that is rather thick and would work well for it.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back