My figures collection had a fight , Wolf pred lost!

m0tek

Well ,
Thursday evening , returning from work
thinkin of a great weekend with the Alien Vs Predator game out
i walk into my room
and OH NOES
whole figure collection (it sits on a shelf) is on floor
scatterd to parts and pieces , but my most beloved predator (well i got one , that is) is missing a leg.

after arranging the mess i took the pred on the side , ive seen the leg was broken on the join , and it looks like its glueable
i tried superglue - and for now it sticks - is there any proffesional plastic cement u guys recommend or should i just go ahead and start searchin for a body?

i was lucky he was the only one broken , oh , and why and how did it happen?
i left the window open , a picture fell on the shelf and dropped em all

**crit**

Thanks for the help!

you're talkin about your hot toys wolf aren't cha? that sucks man :) my lost predator fell and lost a leg a few months ago, i was devastated!!!, anyhow, the way i went about fixing it is not what i would recommend (cause nothin else was workin) i ended up basically using scotch tape to tape the leg to the ball joint on the hip, but i had already put a gloss coat on him and he had netting and thigh armor to cover most of it so you really can't see the shininess of the tape or tell anythings wrong except you can't twist his leg up there, oh well when do i. anyhow, like i said that wouldn't be the best idea especially on that figure cause he doesn't have netting or thigh armor on that part, sorry about your unsettling experience buddy, i also had my P2 elder fall from 6 feet up and he somehow managed to survive, i always knew that mother ****** was a bad ass :)

you're talkin about your hot toys wolf aren't cha? that sucks man :) my lost predator fell and lost a leg a few months ago, i was devastated!!!, anyhow, the way i went about fixing it is not what i would recommend (cause nothin else was workin) i ended up basically using scotch tape to tape the leg to the ball joint on the hip, but i had already put a gloss coat on him and he had netting and thigh armor to cover most of it so you really can't see the shininess of the tape or tell anythings wrong except you can't twist his leg up there, oh well when do i. anyhow, like i said that wouldn't be the best idea especially on that figure cause he doesn't have netting or thigh armor on that part, sorry about your unsettling experience buddy, i also had my P2 elder fall from 6 feet up and he somehow managed to survive, i always knew that mother ****** was a bad ass :)

lol
iron man lost a part too but nothing broken (and constructed back)
i ended superglueing him - like new now
also got a new body (wolf as well) for when he sees "worse days"
lol
now trying to construct an elder/scar out of scratch - mixing and matching really

Well ,
Thursday evening , returning from work
thinkin of a great weekend with the Alien Vs Predator game out
i walk into my room
and OH NOES
whole figure collection (it sits on a shelf) is on floor
scatterd to parts and pieces , but my most beloved predator (well i got one , that is) is missing a leg.

after arranging the mess i took the pred on the side , ive seen the leg was broken on the join , and it looks like its glueable
i tried superglue - and for now it sticks - is there any proffesional plastic cement u guys recommend or should i just go ahead and start searchin for a body?

i was lucky he was the only one broken , oh , and why and how did it happen?
i left the window open , a picture fell on the shelf and dropped em all

**crit**

Thanks for the help!

i used some cement glue i got at the home depot for like 4 bucks to glue a head on my AVP and that was a year ago. still holding!! don't know the name but the bottle is gray & black with an red cap.

Thats why I keep my figures in boxes. So they will not take it out on each other. lol Sorry to hear about your loss...

I feel your pain.

On Sat. @ 6:00 in the a.m., I awoke to a loud "BANG"! Drowsy, I looked around the living room (I was sleeping on the couch), but didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. So, I closed my eyes, wondering what it was that made that noise... then it hit me... I looked up at my bookshelf where I had my 12" interlocking PREDATOR on display, and much to my dismay, I noticed that my PREDATOR wasn't there.

I was mortified!!! :) On the floor, lay one of my most prized collectibles. Arm broken off, tusks broken off, many chips missing out of it, broken fingers.... needless to say I wasn't a very good peron to be around that day. :) Now, I have to save my pennies to buy another one, because the only way to get another is to pay a hefty price.

So, yes... I am feeling your pain man.

I feel your pain.

On Sat. @ 6:00 in the a.m., I awoke to a loud "BANG"! Drowsy, I looked around the living room (I was sleeping on the couch), but didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. So, I closed my eyes, wondering what it was that made that noise... then it hit me... I looked up at my bookshelf where I had my 12" interlocking PREDATOR on display, and much to my dismay, I noticed that my PREDATOR wasn't there. :lol:

I was mortified!!! :) On the floor, lay one of my most prized collectibles. Arm broken off, tusks broken off, many chips missing out of it, broken fingers.... needless to say I wasn't a very good peron to be around that day. Now, I have to save my pennies to buy another one, because the only way to get another is to pay a hefty price.

So, yes... I am feeling your pain man.
hey reyals, obviously you're talking about a kit of some kind not a toy right? which one man, not sure what the interlocking predator is... that really sucks too :)

I tend to use a plastic glue you can buy at most auto parts stores. This stuff will actually melt the two pieces fusing them together and making a better bond than superglue. Just make sure not to over use it. The name escapes me but I bought it at O'Riellys Auto Parts.

Edit: The glue is called Grip-ton-nite. lol Cheesy name but it works well.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back