My Fett ESB bucket

shortimer52

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
My new BM bucket painted by Darth Miller. He did an outstanding job and this is his second helmet to paint. Thought id show it off here since I think it is a great paint job. Im sure most of you guys will agree. Heres the progress for the paint. http://www.shortimer52.com/BMBucketbuildup.html
I still have to add in the servo, remote and lights.

Nice paint job. Something to consider for the future..

Still, I dont understand why people freak over the """ mystery helmets """ (ie, the catch phrase used to attach some hyper authenticity or accuracy).

I do believe a mystery helmet was made, Ive seen it. But so many deluxes (and even vinyls helmets) were modifed and then called "mystery helmets" that its almost a widespread scam---especially on ebay. There are many areas on 99% of all mystery helmets that betray their deluxe origin.

Having said that, Im a fan of the deluxe and what can be done to return it to its movie state...its just that its neither an easy job, nor is it a simple question of sharpening some details or filling in the pits. The shape is warped...the same curious warping that exists on deluxe helmets....if I were a cop Id called those clues :rolleyes

Having said that, even the mystery helmets as per the closest lineage show distinct warpage if one looks very carefully---I suspect this is due to a poor jacket or mother mold OR simply the fact that the molds made from the two known plaster casts bulged out due to the weight of the plaster. Ive seen this exact same problem with projects Ive done...plaster poured into a mold is heavy can exert pressure on the sides of a mold. The warpage doesnt stick out to most people but if youve practically lived, ate, and breathed in this helmet...you begin to see new things each time. I am obsessed with the fett helmet, I admit it.

Now there are my detractors who claim Im full of crap, trying to mislead people, etc which has been so ironic because those claims to the contrary are never backed up when I have offered several simple challenges....and...then ther are those who've said, Im getting all worked up over minor details and to now worry about it. Im not worrying about it (I dont lose sleep over it), but as a fan, a costumer, and always interested in seeing the best work and pointing out a few things that tend to get overlooked...its the RPF...its worth saying.

Originally posted by Durasteel Corporation@Jan 22 2006, 04:17 PM
btw Shortimer....again, beautiful helmet.  Didnt mean to rant off on your thread, sorry  :D
[snapback]1165331[/snapback]​

No stress :thumbsup :)

DM really out did him self, very proud.

Niiiiice.
I plan to pick up a BM2 later on this year, it'll be my second attempt at painting a Fett bucket.
Great paintjob on that one, anyway.

Originally posted by Durasteel Corporation@Jan 22 2006, 05:13 PM

Having said that, even the mystery helmets as per the closest lineage show distinct warpage if one looks very carefully---I suspect this is due to a poor jacket or mother mold OR simply the fact that the molds made from the two known  plaster casts bulged out due to the weight of the plaster.  Ive seen this exact same problem with projects Ive done...plaster poured into a mold is heavy can exert pressure on the sides of a mold.  The warpage doesnt stick out to most people but if youve practically lived, ate, and breathed in this helmet...you begin to see new things each time.  I am obsessed with the fett helmet, I admit it.

Are u talking about the visor warp?

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back