my Favorite Tricorder

Aquaman

Sr Member
I love Tricorders. I love the graphics, the lights and the sounds. This one is my fav from a guy who creates actual useable buttons... hope u enjoy

Nice. :) The last decade has been good to us builders/modders. Shrinking footprints for LEDs, shrinking programmable units like the various Arduinos, actual hi-res touchscreens that can fit the hole in a '90s vintage Playmates toy! When those originally came out, I couldn't imagine the tech I'd have access to to upgrade it today. I love seeing what other people do with the same basic starting point. :D

Tis a nice build and an interesting job.... Though this design and me..... ughhh i have a few little issues with the builder... No idea who he is on here, but I tried reaching out to him on youtube a few times in the past, not to steal the concept or anything or rip it off but I did want some clues as to how he went about doing the lcd side of things...

The guy basically ignored me. Didnt even say it was trade secret or anything... Just out right ignored me... Which i feel tbh in this community is a bit sodding rude...

Take my tricorder design for instance... While sure Im not going to just upload all the schematics for free, ive not kept it at all a secret how it was made or done... If you go through all my posts and videos I explain a lot of what the tech thats gone into it...

well , he has always been great with me. I bought that a long time ago wand also his phaser. Both I love. I probably bought them maybe 8 years ago. It stopped working and he had me send it back and he fixed a broken wire and cleaned it up for no charge. Has always been nice.

I saw ur Voyager Tric. Nice work! Do u ever sell?

I might im still a little undecided, but it wont be cheap if i do, i think fully working ill be asking about £1000, It takes a huge amount of work putting it all together.

Maybe he just didnt see the messages i posted...

That phaser is also really awesome :D

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back