My Family Of Steel - Halloween and Comikaze 2013 (Pic heavy)

BR2814

Hello Everyone,

I have been a member here for a few years, and have never posted much until now. Although not screen accurate, I wanted to share our version of Man Of Steel costumes for Halloween and Comikaze 2013. It was our first time in costume at a convention. We were interviewed and stopped for pictures all day. Definitely a different kind of fun. Our sons wanted to be Superman for Halloween so my wife and I built all our costumes based off of the new film. I plan to work on a more screen accurate suit for myself in the future. It's the best I could do with what I could afford. I've been a martial artist since I was 9yrs old and I weight train and workout six days a week. The airbrushing on this suit is based off of my build so it really moves with me. Bane in these photos is one of my training buds and I helped customize/detail his mask, created his leather buckled glove on his right hand, and made a broken Batman mask that he carried around. Thank you to Revolutiondesignfx through eBay (I believe this Revolution Z) for the \S/ emblem. Thank you to Frightful Acts for the gauntlets. Thank you to Vince Osborne, my airbrush artist who worked on the suit for 4hrs with me in it. Thank you to my seamstress Jenny for the microsuede cape, it has the correct pleats and a nice flow to it all. Also thank you to all the great cosplayers in these photos, who may also be members here. Thank you for taking photos with us. Have a great day everyone.

Attachments

• Bat&Supe.jpg
    Bat&Supe.jpg
    499.7 KB · Views: 325
  • WW&S.jpg
    WW&S.jpg
    425.3 KB · Views: 276
  • Group.jpg
    Group.jpg
    473.2 KB · Views: 355
  • Lex&Supe1.jpg
    Lex&Supe1.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 275
  • Lex&Supe2.jpg
    Lex&Supe2.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 236
  • JLA.jpg
    JLA.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 306
  • HG&S.jpg
    HG&S.jpg
    612.5 KB · Views: 256
  • MK.jpg
    MK.jpg
    760.9 KB · Views: 255
  • withDV.jpg
    withDV.jpg
    365.7 KB · Views: 232
  • Supe_vs_Thor.jpg
    Supe_vs_Thor.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 272
  • Supe_vs_Rocky.jpg
    Supe_vs_Rocky.jpg
    648.1 KB · Views: 272
  • Pre_vs_Supe.jpg
    Pre_vs_Supe.jpg
    436.6 KB · Views: 234
  • Clark_to_Supe.jpg
    Clark_to_Supe.jpg
    618.8 KB · Views: 265
  • about_to_fly.jpg
    about_to_fly.jpg
    620.2 KB · Views: 233
  • exiting.jpg
    exiting.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 194
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    436.4 KB · Views: 222
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 202
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 214
  • 4RPF.jpg
    4RPF.jpg
    442.4 KB · Views: 396
  • Mr&Mrs1.jpg
    Mr&Mrs1.jpg
    557.6 KB · Views: 308
  • Superfamily2.jpg
    Superfamily2.jpg
    378.2 KB · Views: 322
  • Superman&Bane.jpg
    Superman&Bane.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 355
  • Supe_vs_Bane.jpg
    Supe_vs_Bane.jpg
    423.8 KB · Views: 286
  • Bane_vs_Supe.jpg
    Bane_vs_Supe.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 305
Looks great. Nice work!

Thank you! I like your suit there as well. Is it your pattern? I really wanted to order Eldonaty's suit but saw the issues you and everyone involved are having. So I am researching what else I can do to make a more accurate suit. I have a pattern from spidey_boone, so I'm just curious about yours in your avatar there?

Thank you! I like your suit there as well. Is it your pattern? I really wanted to order Eldonaty's suit but saw the issues you and everyone involved are having. So I am researching what else I can do to make a more accurate suit. I have a pattern from spidey_boone, so I'm just curious about yours in your avatar there?

Thanks! The pattern is by Carl9149. I bought his file and printed it on lycra and had it sewn. He's got a new, more accurate pattern now, which I'm planning to get a hold of :)

Thanks! The pattern is by Carl9149. I bought his file and printed it on lycra and had it sewn. He's got a new, more accurate pattern now, which I'm planning to get a hold of :)

Oh, cool. I'll try and touch base with Carl9149. I also liked his earlier patterns but also didn't know he had a new version. Thank you for the info, I appreciate it!

Loved seeing your family and you at Comikaze. I particularly liked a pictures of one of your sons with another child as Batman.

11099275214_152e0ec37c.jpg

Thank you. Here is the angle I have. We went as the Avengers last Halloween. Those pics are in my albums if you're interested. :)

Attachments

• IMG_6017A.jpg
    IMG_6017A.jpg
    627.8 KB · Views: 214
What did you use to make the suit? The blue looks great, maybe even better than the movie and custom pattern suits. Would love to know the details of what you used.

@ MKProd - Thank you. I was surprised that many people that day commented positively that the suit wasn't screen accurate. But I still want a screen accurate suit. LOL. Well, for this version the lycra suit itself is from Cosplaysky. When it arrived it did not match the photo on the internet in terms of color. It was a nice suit and fit well but just too purple and I didn't like their cape. The airbrushing was done to make it blue then add the shading and highlights to my build. Only problem is I lost the chainmail pattern because of the airbrushing. So it became a "version" of the costume. The trim details and the belt are painted craft foam. The boots found online. The cape is micro-suede and my seamstress created it based off of the photo reference I gave her. The emblem is cast in urethane by Revolutiondesignfx through eBay (I believe this Revolution Z here on RPF). The gauntlets are from Frightful Acts. Hope this helps.

progression2.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back