My Fallout 3 Tri Beam Laser Rifle

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

FLAKOE123

I had started from scratchSo this project took me about a week of working with cardboard, posterboard, scissors, and alot of masking tape haha. unfortunately the pictures from the start were lost when my old phone broke.. but this is what i have right now. so let me know what you think :) i tried to give it an old weathered repaired look to thats why its missing the metal ring around the barrel. the thing that i still need to fix it the microfusion cell.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Jm419

Sr Member
Did you freehand the dimensions, or did you work from a set of plans?

Frankly, it looks good, for having been made out of tape. Most of the details are there, and while I'm less familiar with the Tri-Beam than I am with the vanilla AER9, it's recognizable as from Fallout. It's the stock that does it, I think. :)

It's just... why tape and cardboard? Wood isn't that hard to work with - my laser rifle build was my first major carpentry project, and you learn as you go - and it doesn't flex in your hands as I imagine the cardboard does. When I was younger, I made airplanes out of cardboard, paper, and tape, and they never lasted very long. What are your plans on keeping this intact?

FLAKOE123

Thanks! most of it WAS free handed in dimensions because I couldnt find alot of good references. I knew the width of the barrel and the other parts since i use the weapon alot in the game. the only real reference i had during the build was this that i had drawn out from the fallout wiki. And i did think about doing the rifle out of wood at first, but i dont have access to alot of wood and im not very good with it. And since i had alot of cardboard and i felt it would be easier to work with i just decided to use it instead. Also yeah, haha at first it was only a little flimsy in between the stock and barrel, but then i got a small metal screw and it reinforced it and its not flimsy at all. Suprisingly it hasnt lost any of its quality in the las ten months. (because i actually made it last summer) i guess i plan to keep doing what im doing with it :lol.
Did you freehand the dimensions, or did you work from a set of plans?

Frankly, it looks good, for having been made out of tape. Most of the details are there, and while I'm less familiar with the Tri-Beam than I am with the vanilla AER9, it's recognizable as from Fallout. It's the stock that does it, I think. :)

It's just... why tape and cardboard? Wood isn't that hard to work with - my laser rifle build was my first major carpentry project, and you learn as you go - and it doesn't flex in your hands as I imagine the cardboard does. When I was younger, I made airplanes out of cardboard, paper, and tape, and they never lasted very long. What are your plans on keeping this intact?

narutoishere

Thanks for the photos and the post. It's really good. I was thinking of building tribeam laser rifle and alien disintegrator. Your template helps a lot with the proportion.