My ESB "Hero" Stormtrooper helmet.

HDPE

HELMET FOR SALE IN THE JUNKYARD

I've been working slowly on this helmet and since it's almost finished I tought I would show it off.

I know it can't be proved 100% but I'm among the ones who think there is a reconditioned hero helmet in ESB, or at least a helmet with an odd looking and a few characteristic features making it look clearly different from the other ESB helmets.

[attachmentid=7860]
[attachmentid=7861]

As I didn't want this helmet to be the modified "stunt helmet that everybody else has" I modified
and combined elements from 3 different helmets/kits, (each from a different maker) to create it.
(cap and back/ ears/ faceplate).

It's painted/brushed with dulux paint and looks like crap up close (with paint runs etc...).

I printed the decals myself to get the purple/ blue look (not accurate as they should be gray) in order to achieve the same effect as if it was under the studio lights.

Of course it has cast from originals hovi mix mic tips, and lens material from green acrylic sheets used in the entertainment industry.

I'm working on the inside of it, and it will have the correct foam and straps(one so far) I still have to find the correct neck trim.

hdpeesbhero3.jpg

hdpeesbheroo.jpg

hdpeesbhero2.jpg

hdpeesbhero1.jpg

hdpeesbhero5.jpg

Thanks for looking (and WC for hosting some of the pics)

Last edited:
Cool. :thumbsup

Nice work mate... and an interesting idea, combining components from different helmet makers to create the finished helmet :)

Cheers,
John

That's great. Never thought about different styles used in ESB, but of course, why not.?

Excellently spotted and very cool combined helmet. :thumbsup

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HDPE STORMY @ May 1 2006, 08:06 PM) [snapback]1236441[/snapback]</div>
As I didn't want this helmet to be the modified "stunt helmet that everybody else has" I modified
and combined elements from 3 different helmets/kits, (each from a different maker) to create it.
(cap and back/ ears/ faceplate).[/b]
Would it be possible to get a list of which helmets/kits where used and which parts from which.?

Coud be interesting. :)

looks real cool...

i´m not that much into ESB helmets, but i agree, why shouldn´t they used some parts from ANH for the helmets if there were still some left...

HELMET FOR SALE IN THE JUNKYARD

Thanks guys :thumbsup

and an interesting idea, combining components from different helmet makers to create the finished helmet[/b]

Well I'm not entirely satisfied with the end result but at least it helped me achieve the "specific" look I was after.

Would it be possible to get a list of which helmets/kits where used and which parts from which!?
[/b]

Sure no problem I was just hoping someone wouldn't ask :p

The ears are from a ANH helmet, hopefully I had never drilled any holes in those. I'm not really happy with them.

The cap and back: modified ROTJ helmet, supposedly cast from an original. I trimmed the edges to get the look I wanted.

The face plate: well the original plan was to use a TE faceplate, I was on his 'last batch before retirement' list but he gave me a refund instead due to some plastic issues.

So I used one ANH styrene kit( I bought two years ago

The face plate was the tricky part of the project, and was heavily modified. I wanted to drill only 3 teeth so I heated slightly the ones that weren't to be drilled and pushed upward to make them flat.

I practiced on the cap and back and completely ruined the thing as I heated too much :rolleyes . I trimmed the eyes, the top and the edges of the face plate, then I used boiling water to bend it so it would fit the cap and back.

Last edited:
Fantastic.. It's nice to see the branch going out into the ESB Troopers now that ANH has been on the fires for so long.

I never really thought much about them, but they are really cool with the subtle cosmetic differences.

Steve

Thanks everyone for your positive comments, I really appreciate it. :)

I'm personally only interested in ESB helmets, of course I've 1 ANH and 1 ROTJ but I plan on making a few more ESB and will soon start the one which will go on display with my armor.

Here's another with the shoulder bell on :D
hdpeesbhero6.jpg

Hosted by WC :thumbsup

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jackie_Chan_Fan @ May 3 2006, 06:13 PM) [snapback]1237706[/snapback]</div>
I like the cap. Its from a Germen helmet?
[/b]

As odd as it may seem, yes it's a modified ROTJ cap and back.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back