My Engineer suit thats almost finished for Comic-con 2015.

Uanna

Can you use foam for an organic look?

Hey guys Im wondering if I could use foam for my Engineer/Prometheus costume instead going for vacu-formed parts, is it possible? I mean can you make the foam look NOT so much mechanical but more fluidity or organic form? All of the suits that I've seen are either IronMan or Clone Trooper and they both look too armor plated.

Last edited:
My Prometheus Engineer costume foam

Whats the best type of foam to use for the infamous Space Jockey suit and fasteners to hold them together like epoxy or hotglue?

My Prometheus Engineer costume foam build

Whats the best type of foam to use for the infamous Space Jockey suit and fasteners to hold them together like epoxy or hot-glue? DSCN1314.JPG DSCN1315.JPG

Last edited:
My Engineer costume so far **Updated**

What do you guys think so far? I got the main body down but I still need to sculpt and vaccuform my helmet from clay.

230.JPG 231.JPG 229.JPG

Re: My Engineer costume so far **Updated**

Thanks man, I got more done I just need to take more photos so far :)

This is what I have done so far and since I went to Emerald City 2014 Comic-con sadly my costume wasnt done and I went as myself (dangit) so in March 27th of 2015 it will be officially done and movie quality.

DSCN1542.JPG DSCN1540.JPG

My suit so far. Still needs the iconic helmet.

I just wanted to show off my suit that I have been working on for a year already.

DSCN1540.JPGDSCN1542.JPG

Re: My suit so far. Still needs the iconic helmet.

Im missing that piece but I havent yet decided to make it myself or have someone do a commission build for me. :)

What is this cosplay from? Looks like good armor work so far - keep it up! I'll be at ECCC all three days, so say hi if ya see me!

Costume in progress upgraded slightly

Here is my Space Jockey suit thats been worked on for a year but Im slowly making progress because I dont want to be in a hurry and mess something up and money.

DSCN1583.JPG DSCN1584.JPG

Updated and upper arms have been modified and fixed.

Picture taken showing before and after of the upper biceps.

DSCN1604.JPG DSCN1612.JPG

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back