My Eleventh Doctor Costume

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by Wolf410, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Wolf410

Wolf410 New Member

alright so here it is...this is the costume that i wore for comic-con as well as a few parties but i wanted to put it up because its a almost completely thrift store made costume so it came in really cheap so here it is with a how to guide and the prices associated with each.

[​IMG]

Alright so this is probably the most expensive part of the costume...the Sonic Screwdriver...30.00 Dollars from Think Geek

[​IMG]

This is the Doctors famous bow tie...i picked it up off of amazon.com for 2.00 dollars

[​IMG]

The tweed jacket of the Doctor...i picked this up at a thift store near my house for 6.00 dollars

[​IMG]

Ok now the under**** is an oxford blue and was 4.00 dollars at another thrift store and after a quick dry cleaning was perfect

[​IMG]

The suspenders that the doctor wears...now these don't have to be expensive at all because no one really sees them...i paid 5.00 dollars for them on amazon.com

[​IMG]

These are rothco jungle boots...they match almost perfectly with the boots worn in the show...which retail for 130.00 i got mine for 8.00 dollars

[​IMG]

These are jeans that i picked up at sears for 10.00 dollars. Straight legged and narrow so they match the shows pants really well

Now once the costume is assembeled it'll all look like this
    [​IMG]

the only part of the costume that im missing is the elastic band gold watch that the doctor wears. other than that this entire costume came in at a grand total of 35.00 dollars for all the clothing and 30.00 for the Sonic Screwdriver

2. b9er

b9er New Member

Great job buddy ! You look very "doctorish " !

3. thorneyboy

thorneyboy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The suspenders that the doctor wears...now these don't have to be expensive at all because no one really sees them...i paid 5.00 dollars for them on amazon.com

[​IMG]

These are rothco jungle boots...they match almost perfectly with the boots worn in the show...which retail for 130.00 i got mine for 8.00 dollars

The rest of the costume looks ace, but as a long time fan of Dr Who and a costumer who strives for accuracy, the jungle boots are nothing like he wears in the show, I should know as I have exact replicas of both series boots and the braces (suspenders) are too wide and have the wrong back slider. There was a time where you wouldn't see the braces (suspenders) but in the current series he seems to have his jacket off quite alot.