My Duct Tape Dummy and Skin

Pastry

Ello everyone.

Here are some pics of my duct tape dummy, and the first layers of latex on my suit. Cause I'm building up some subtle muscle tone from scratch, I'm having some troubles getting it right. I'm using Macguyers method, and for the muscles I'm using some flat cotton makeup wipe things, and latex and a bit of flexible polyfiller. Namely getting a smooth, shaped finish is what I'm having trouble with, and on a unitard the seams are quite obvious. Any tips?

Thanks!
Alanna

Predator_Project_Part_1_by_Lathana.jpg

Latexing.jpg

Predator_Project_Part_1_by_Lathana.jpg

Latexing.jpg

Wow great dummy, when i made mine the wrists and ankles fell short by about 3 inches on each limb :S

good work, keep it up

it looks awesome!...
keep up the good work, and don't forget to post updates!
i need to stock up on duct tape for when i make my dummy!!

Wow great dummy, when i made mine the wrists and ankles fell short by about 3 inches on each limb :S

good work, keep it up

Probably a silly question but im going to have a stab at making a skin also, when you say it was 3" short is that due to contraction of the latex when it cures? Is it better to cut the dummy and add say 2" to each arm and leg so when it contracts it correct. Maybe in the leg, arms and body also add some size aswell?

Once you have the dummy filled Im assuming it then has a unitard or whatever put on it to put the latex on it which will end up being te inside of the suit. What is used to stop the latex going through the unitard and sticking to the duct tape as Im assuming you dont want the tape in the finished suit.

Sorry for all the questions :)

How funny, I was doing my duct tape dummy last night. Uggh. my wife wrapped my chest so tight it felt like a car parked on my chest. I had to have her cut the back after 2 layers.
Twisted One

Very cool! I am hoping to do a DT head soon. I will eventually get a whole body suit done, but I am working out and losing weight. No sense in using 500 rolls of DT when I only need 20. :) Also, I am going for the muscular pred look. If I did a suit in the shape I was in a few months ago. I'd shoot myself with my own shoulder cannon!

Nicely done so far. Hey TwistedOne, I think your best bet with ducktape dummys is to first wear a very tight fitting outfit. The next thing is never wrap the tape. You want as accurate an impression of you body as possible. You need to do two things to accomplish this. On is place the tape on you in 6 to 8 inch strips. When I say place that means do put one end on then pull it to the other side. Make the tape conform to you not the other way around. You won't get that compressed feeling. The next thing is to use plenty of layers. Your already going through that agony of the process so take your time. I use two different colors of tape so I can keep track of how many layers. I used 7 on this one in the picture. You can see the dummy holds it shape better with a thick shell. Good luck.
ductdummy003.jpg

ductdummy010.jpg

dummylower003.jpg

dummylower015.jpg

dummylower019.jpg

ductdummy003.jpg

ductdummy010.jpg

dummylower003.jpg

dummylower015.jpg

dummylower019.jpg

Nicely done so far. Hey TwistedOne, I think your best bet with ducktape dummys is to first wear a very tight fitting outfit. The next thing is never wrap the tape. You want as accurate an impression of you body as possible. You need to do two things to accomplish this. On is place the tape on you in 6 to 8 inch strips. When I say place that means do put one end on then pull it to the other side. Make the tape conform to you not the other way around. You won't get that compressed feeling. The next thing is to use plenty of layers. Your already going through that agony of the process so take your time. I use two different colors of tape so I can keep track of how many layers. I used 7 on this one in the picture. You can see the dummy holds it shape better with a thick shell. Good luck.
ductdummy003.jpg

ductdummy010.jpg

dummylower003.jpg

dummylower015.jpg

dummylower019.jpg

I take it this dummy is just for displaying your pred? Isnt the first one made on a basis for making a skin. The dummy build I get what I dont get is how you cover a dummy to make a skin?
Im assuming an undersuit is pulled onto the dummy and covered in latex, with details added. But how do you then get the skin off the dummy surely the latex goes through the under suit and sticks to the duct tape. How do you stop the latex from sticking to the duct tape inside peeps :)

ductdummy003.jpg

ductdummy010.jpg

dummylower003.jpg

dummylower015.jpg

dummylower019.jpg

First, the latex won't stick to the ducy tape. Latex won't stick to most smooth surfaces. Second, the duct tape dummy I'm doing is for sculpting on. I really don't think theres is any difference though. If you were to place a unitard on it and cover it with latex you would still want it to be shaped right.

Cool thanks, is it a good idea to use a unitard as a base layer before the latex is applied mate, or can you just go straight at it with latex and build it up. I was thinking if the unitard wasnt there it would be easier to wash after wearing as I sweated like god knows what the other day in my old suit. :)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back