My dream Batman hybrid suit. What do you all think...?

pj2040

Okay, I've always had one dream Batsuit, the Returns. Then I saw Begins in '05 and fell in love with the armour of that suit. I then got thinking and dreamed up my own combination hybrid of that suit. Basically, it's a Returns cowl and cape over a Begins body and legs but with the "draped over the shoulders" cape look from '89 and Returns. I loved the way the cape would hang from the chest symbol and cover his arms.

So a few years back I did up a very quick and crude mock up of the idea in MS Paint. (Yes, MS paint!!) And ignore the HYBRID 2040. That was just my old name on another forum.

baaat.png

What do you guys think of the idea? And does anyone have any ideas on how to literally connect the cowl to the cape like in the comics so it's one piece? Would it have to be a latex cape and latex cowl? It's probably an impossibility and I have no idea on what I'm doing, but hey, I can dream can't I...?:p

Be interested to hear what you experts think.

Thanks!! :thumbsup

To get seamless you would need the cape and cowl the same mold I think.

If it was me making this I would have latex cape and cowl reason being you could stick them together with latex and try and make it seamless and you can paint latex a hell of a lot easier than urethane.

Or you could go fabric and use Velcro or clips .

I'm going to do my own take on batman just in the planning stage at the moment

There must be plenty of people who made that cape/cowl already. Ask them, or buy one.

I like it but would go with a thinner neck.

To get seamless you would need the cape and cowl the same mold I think.

He might not. IIRC, someone on BOTB did this many years ago. The just had thin edges on the cowl and carefully covered the join. Also, I think the official DC appearance suit did that at one point.

I threw this together real quick (felt like I should make the Bat black to stand out)

You're really on to something! This looks badass!

profiles-in-history-batman-returns-michael-keaton-costume-1.jpg

Last edited:
I like it, I wonder what the reverse would look like? Using the Begins Cowl/Cape and the Returns armor. I like this design a lot actually, maybe make the bat symbol a little bigger or maybe just thicker?

Yeah that'd be pretty cool too! Totally.

Okay, taking a cue from Master Dahark, I tried my best to design this suit using and tweaking actual pics. Again, using MS Paint so it's rough and the blacks don't match, but you get the idea!! Here it is...

battyyy.png

Oh man!!!! I must say I LOVE the idea of this suit!!

What do you all think?

Thanks guys!!!!

Here's the same pic, but with the bat symbol up a little higher on the chest. And not so much space between the shoulders and the belt. In the above pic it looks like I may have made the body a little too long. Not sure which one I like better, but anyway!!!

batty2.png

I always liked the 89/92 cowl but it suffers (imo) from the same thing all the movie cowls do, I always feel like the eyes are too wide/large. Domino masks don't decrease your peripheral vision enough to be worry some, so I always wondered why the eyes had to be so big on the cowls.

Dunno. I like them either way I guess. But I see what you're saying.

I just LOVE the sharpness of the Returns cowl.

I think if you include a moutch cover, like Batman Beyond, it would be much better. And Batman TDK gloves. And Batman Returns boots. ;) And maybe a red Batman Beyond sign..or a yellow Returns' one? :D

I think if you include a moutch cover, like Batman Beyond, it would be much better. And Batman TDK gloves. And Batman Returns boots. ;) And maybe a red Batman Beyond sign..or a yellow Returns' one? :D

Oh and I almost forgot. TDK white eyes.
LOOL I imagined it...cool. :D

I'm hoping Someone has tried something i'm working on but failing i've drawn up a Concept it's basically like the spiderman Mask that has a sorta Helmet under it so it keeps its shape the shape is the Expressions on the batman mask that Sculpted look then when you pull it off it drapes like a Hood like the Animated Series batman cape and cowl just like batman the animated series but somehow with a sculpted face mask attached to the material cowl over it, any ideas or suggestions?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back