my dreads!

th3 pr3dat0r

hey guys, finished 20 feet worth of backer rod dreads. i got 11 or 12 dreads from it and i still got 2 more roles of backer rod to go. it is 5/8 inches. any ways here's the pics!

Picture_789.jpg

Picture_788.jpg

May I ask how you were able to make the ends come to a point so nicely? I am about to make a bunch of these dreads for my son's Predator costume and I am experimenting on trying to make the point but it just looks bad to me.

i just cut the tips of them and heated them with a blow dryer . they get melted a bit. i then mush it as much as i can to make it better pointed. the dread rings are 1/2 inch pvc for any one wondering. and do not heat it to much, it will shrivel...

Nice work !!!! here are my dreads with my first db mask i used copper couplings for the bottom part .

I used my dremel for the tips justr sand it down and use a heat gun to seal it... i think i still have those laying around somewhere......

in the near future i might just give them away.

backerrod_dreads.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back