My "Die Hard" Beretta 92FS

Trebor

I scored a 1989 production Beretta 92FS NIB earlier this year. This is actually closer to "Die Hard II" configuration as I believe a 92F may have been used in the first movie (sources differ).

Either way, it's a nice 80's icon and it's rare to find a 36 year old pistol in unfired condition.

I've got a repro of the DH shoulder holster incoming and a lead on a near-correct radio (Kenwood TH-21AT instead of the more accurate 21BT or 41BT. Still looking but the 21AT is better than nothing)

The plan is to do a gun magazine article on this relic from 80's action movies. I may talk to some gunsmiths to see if I can get someone to make the extended slide release and mag release used on the blank modified "Hero" gun. (Same gun as in Lethal Weapon, btw).

This is quick cell phone photo. For the article I'm going to have a heck of a photo session with the gun, holster, radio, and probably a replica badge and likely some of the paper props from here (ID card, etc.)

beretta.jpg

OMG, a Lethal Weapon/Die Hard Beretta 92 is one of my dream props...to see that you found one in unfired condition after all these years just blows my mind!

Absolutely an amazing find and score!!

Nice. You got any leads where I can find that antenna? I've started looking but it's hard to find

Unfortunately not, They are rarer than the proverbial "Hens Teeth"
I have only ever seen 2 come up for sale on Ebay in 6 years and I bought both.
I sold one to a fellow member here a little while ago

Unfortunately not, They are rarer than the proverbial "Hens Teeth"
I have only ever seen 2 come up for sale on Ebay in 6 years and I bought both.
I sold one to a fellow member here a little while ago

Yeah, they don't seem to be common at all. I may have to buy another radio with the antenna, if I can even find one that way.

Any chance you know a model or part number or anything? Or what radio it would have originally been installed on? Just searching for "Kenwood UHF antenna" brings back too many results

Nice, I see you are in the UK, is the pistol deactivated or is it a replica? looks very real, the walkie is a rare rare find hang on to that. :)
Its deactivated, The Kenwood Radios do appear from time to time, The antenna on the other hand, Is impossible to find, took me years of searching :)

Its deactivated, The Kenwood Radios do appear from time to time, The antenna on the other hand, Is impossible to find, took me years of searching :)
Yes thought that gun looked real, they are also hard to come by deactivated, I may have to go for a co2 BB gun as the deactivated weapons require evidence of theatre work or re enactment membership don't they? I've been looking for a Kenwood th-21bt for months, eBay set up on auto, I've modelled it perfectly in 3D so may print a replica if I can't get the real deal, I can also make perfect copies of the antenna as well, I'm a radio ham so I can wind it so it half works because of course that antenna is a UHF antenna fitted to a VHF radio so in reality Bruce would have had terrible performance from that radio, the magic of movies right there.

Yes thought that gun looked real, they are also hard to come by deactivated, I may have to go for a co2 BB gun as the deactivated weapons require evidence of theatre work or re enactment membership don't they? I've been looking for a Kenwood th-21bt for months, eBay set up on auto, I've modelled it perfectly in 3D so may print a replica if I can't get the real deal, I can also make perfect copies of the antenna as well, I'm a radio ham so I can wind it so it half works because of course that antenna is a UHF antenna fitted to a VHF radio so in reality Bruce would have had terrible performance from that radio, the magic of movies right there.
Hi, I have an adapter for one of my antennas as I have 2 radios one TH21-AT and one TH21-E How much would you charge to make or adapt a couple of antennas? Thanks!

Very Nice!

Can I ask how you sourced the Stubby Antenna, I can't find one for mine anywhere!

Cheers
Keep a look out on ebay for anybody selling a Kenwood TH-41AT , The stubby Antenna is UHF and would fit that particular model.
I have only seen 2 in about 8 years though. Unfortunately there are no markings or model number on the antenna
1615034003761.png

Last edited:
I had ordered the 92 FS new back in the 90’s, inspired by the movie.

It would happily digest whatever I fed it, including WW2 Egyptian surplus.

BUT, there is no way any of the stunts (smiley face in the indoor range) could be done. It is wildly inaccurate and why I traded it away to a Marine who had a Sig 226, similar to what my dad had at the time.

I started using that and the size of my groups dropped in half. It’s just better in every way except it is a more finicky eater. The Egyptian stuff wouldn’t blow the slide back.

But, it’s a great piece with a unique look. Congrats on finding a new one! Due to age, I assume it is Italian, and not American made.

Keep a look out on ebay for anybody selling a Kenwood TH-41AT , The stubby Antenna is UHF and would fit that particular model.
I have only seen 2 in about 8 years though. Unfortunately there are no markings or model number on the antenna View attachment 1433618
Yes good shout, I did find the part number for the antenna but they are so rare, I have made some decent fakes, in fact I have made the complete radio in 3D now and its looking really good, it will feature in a video on my youtube channel next week, its very close to the original and plays 50 clips from the movie, has a working LED as well, its really great.

I will happily sell the antennas if people are interested, these 2 are dummy antennas and have no coils or resistors however I can fit load resistors in them if people have working radios and want to key up from time to time without damaging the radio to make the led light up, one plugs in the other screws in, I can make either.

die hard antennas.jpg

Hi, I have an adapter for one of my antennas as I have 2 radios one TH21-AT and one TH21-E How much would you charge to make or adapt a couple of antennas? Thanks!
Were abouts are you? shipping is always the killer I find, I sell a lot of 3D printed parts all around the world and some people pay 10 dollars for the item and 30 dollars shipping, its madness, let me know if you are interested in one, they are very close in terms of looks to the original, the only difference being the knurled nut as thats harder to replicate for me any way, the radio they have in the Hard Rock Cafe claiming to be screen used also has a fake antenna, mine is way better than that ha ha.

Absolutely loved your YouTube video! Totally interested in an antenna to complete my TH-21BT! I am in New York and will pay whatever shipping.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back