Pedro

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I found those when looking for real/accurate diagrams for your project, this is about the only thing I found, despite lots of “blueprints” etc. looking at the notes on them, I’d say these were drawn by a gunsmith for replacement parts? Nor surprised that you nailed the extractor, you did the Merr-Sonn button nearly perfectly from a couple pics!

I’ve thought about the grips a lot. I think they’re just lathed slightly conical cylinders, cut in half. Then you just have to figure out the little cuts at the top, they’re a bit wacko! I might be wrong as always, I haven’t done anything to confirm this, just imagining how I might make them.

Oh, and I only use mm as a matter of preference. The base 10 system just works better for me. Plus 1mm is smaller than 1/16, so it’s more accurate hah! I think machinists might tend to prefer imperial, at least in the US!

I won’t nag for today’s progress… ;)

chubsANDdoggers

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here’s a few assembly pictures of the bolt and extractor..
3AB6CD0B-F653-494F-9E53-618C19A8297B.png
9ED6FC4C-1522-4286-8D70-CBB950BD19D8.png
7853C57B-5CAF-48D5-A42C-BA947D105871.png
D2B35055-FB55-4E85-A091-8B72C3D5A06E.png

Last edited:

deadbolt

Sr Member
Looking good, buddy!

I always liked the triple purpose 'V' shaped, machined spring-steel part that goes into the side of lockframe acting as a spring for the Sear and primary Rear Lock, as well as working as the center post of the Hammer as well. Very clever stuff..though difficult to measure and model, a very neat design nonetheless..

-Carson

chubsANDdoggers

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thanks Carson!

Ya I’m getting close to having all the parts reverse engendered. How that Lockframe works exactly is pretty interesting and I’m going to have to study some Videos to see how it all “works”. That V shape part you mentioned will be a real test for Nylon printing. I had to thicken it up a bit in hopes that it will still work as intended. Should be definitely interesting.

This Mauser is truly a thing of beauty and being able to break it all down really enhances just how amazingly detailed it really is. Such a fun project!

Here is the sight which I’ll add some numbers to as well in the near future..
89E13637-6F0F-49C1-869C-4081593F44D7.png

chubsANDdoggers

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is the last part I believe. I think I have all the needed parts recreated. Now it’s onto the next step of making sure everything is correctly spaced for printing, then creating authentic sized/styled letters, numbers and stamping marks. Lastly.. assembling it all together :)
D88355C1-EAA1-4F02-81F2-EEC46AEF44EA.jpeg

chubsANDdoggers

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Sorry I should say I’ve reverse engendered all the parts that where graciously shared with me. Forgot I still need to do the grips (and probably a few other small things here and there) but still very much well on my way!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.