My Daughter's Suit - WIP

Naasad Tal

Ok so my daughter was going to be Samus Aran this year but she came to me a couple weeks ago & said "Daddy I want to be a Preadtor instead", well first off I was EXTREMELY proud ;) & then I went OH CRAP!!! how the HELL am I going to do THIS!!! then I stumbled across Vinman's AVP templates & there was a sudden rush of relief!!!

So here is her Chest armor (my own desin for her) & Medkit (which will be her Candy Bucket for trick or treating)
AislynnsChestArmor.jpg

AislynnsMedkit.jpg

I'll be working on her Cannon & belt in the next couple of days so as soon as I get those ready I'll be posting up some pics

P.S. she is 6 & a Half

AislynnsChestArmor.jpg

AislynnsMedkit.jpg

she looks great!..
are you making her a human hunter or a young female predator???
either way can't wait to see the finished product!

she looks great!..
are you making her a human hunter or a young female predator???
either way can't wait to see the finished product!

She is going to be a Human Hunter, like Mommy & Daddy...she has EXTREMELY long hair so we got that covered. She's gonna have a single braid coming out from the back of her Bio.

thanx for all the comments so far guys!!!

& P.S. she just MIGHT rip someone's spine out (dad's if he doesnt get this thing DONE!!!) ;)

wow we all come in all shapes and sizes..

hands down she is the cutest huntress to grace the halls of the lair..can't wait to see her all pred'ed up

awesome

AM

My fiancee keeps saying we're gonna have girls. If we do and 1 day she looks up at me and says "daddy I wanna be a predator" I'll shed a tear and be the proudest father out there.
Think it's great she's into pred and she's v adorable. Best of luck mate

ok guys, I know you probably have been drooling about the next update , so here it is (it's hard to find the time to work on this thing when your a Supervisor...you're never actually ever off duty)

so I got Aislynn's Belt & Cannon done!!!

Here's the Cannon:
Cannon1.jpg

Cannon2.jpg

...& the Belt:
FrontFlap.jpg
Front
ButtFlap.jpg
Butt
FullBelt.jpg
Full Belt

& then a quick test fit of everything so far!
TestFit.jpg

got some touch-up work to finish on the Thigh Armor & I have the Shoulder Bells & Bicep Armor painted (i'll be putting those together this weekend) then I'll do the Greaves & Gaunts...the Bio will be the last thing I do...

lemme know what you think...as usual, any and all comments & critques welcome!!!

Cannon1.jpg

Cannon2.jpg

FrontFlap.jpg

ButtFlap.jpg

FullBelt.jpg

TestFit.jpg

Every father's heart is melting now. Adorable. Coming along v nicely. Maybe add alittle weathering to the armor and best of luck with the rest of her costume

Pred666:
I know it still has that "new armor" smell to it but unfortunately i think im barely gonna have the time & money to finish this thing before halloween & I have plans to upgrade her suit material for next year anyway so I think with the new armor I'll do a bit more weathering...Im using the Hammered Metal paint on this suit & it looks a little more beat-up than it shows in the pics (Damn camera phone! even with a 5.0 mp camera in it!!!)

MothMonty:
All I need to do is FIND a costume contest so that she can SWEEP it!!!

Love it. How did you talk her into it? I'm doing suits for the whole family and I had to come up with a "human" Predator for my daughter's, and it has to be pink.

Love it. How did you talk her into it? I'm doing suits for the whole family and I had to come up with a "human" Predator for my daughter's, and it has to be pink.

LOL thats the best part...there was no talking into it needed!!! she saw me working on mine & my girl's suits & wanted one too!!!

& thank you guys for all the feedback it really helps keep me going!!! & speaking of going...BACK TO WORK CHRIS!!! LOL

ok so I actually surprised myself this weekend & all but finished Aislynn's suit!!! the only things missing are her Bio & wrist blades.

here is what was completed this weekend:
Greaves-1.jpg

Shoulder Bell
ShoulderBell.jpg

Gauntlets
WristComputer.jpg

BladeGauntlet.jpg

Greaves
1Greave.jpg

& finally...a table full of armor (kinda brings a tear to your eye, dont it )
Armor.jpg

Wrist blades are tonight & I'll also start on her Bio (pray for me on THAT one). I have some touch-up work to do on alot of the armor & I wish I had time to weather the armor properly...but at least she'll be ready for her first hunt by Saturday.

...anyway lemme know what you guys think.

Greaves-1.jpg

ShoulderBell.jpg

WristComputer.jpg

BladeGauntlet.jpg

1Greave.jpg

Armor.jpg

Kids love getting dressed up for Halloween and it's a fathers' duty to make monster outfits for them. I've been doing it for 20+ years and I'm doing it again this year. Daughter going as Amy Winehouse; not really a monster but very fu---ng scary.
Need to see your wee girl all decked out in full battle-dress. Time running out but you look ahead of the game.

WOW...its down to the wire now. I got her Wristblades painted & mounted!!!

BEFORE paint...
UnpaintedBlades.jpg

AFTER paint...
PaintedBlades.jpg

Completed...
WristBladeGauntlet.jpg

...I started on her Bio last night but got hung up on the logistics (forgot the "KISS" mantra "Keep It Simple Stupid" :eek: )...but I slept on it & now Im pretty sure I have a plan of attack. Tonight will be the last night that I have to work on it cuz tomorrow afternoon she's gonna have to wear it to show it off (dont worry I'll take pics!!!)...wish me luck!!!

UnpaintedBlades.jpg

PaintedBlades.jpg

WristBladeGauntlet.jpg

awesome!! im so tired of seing princeses , shes gonna kick butt this halloween!!!! great job :eek: please post pics when you finish i cant wait to see her and show my daughter and nieces!!!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back