My Daughter's Suit - COMPLETE

Naasad Tal

After kinda lurking here for the last almost 2 years I have learned alot about costuming & to FINALLY see a Completion Thread with MY name on it makes me as happy as I could imagine!!!

so here is my little girl dressed & ready for her first hunt!!!

CompletedSuit-1.jpg

CompletedSuit-2.jpg

CompletedSuit-3.jpg

CompletedSuit-4.jpg

You guys have been great thru all this...you really kept me going!!! I gotta say a HUGE thank you to Vinman for the AVP Templates...without them I seriously doubt I would have had this thing done in time. Now it's on to mine & Marlena's suits...

I'll put up some more pics after we get back from her first hunt!

For those that missed it, here is the WIP thread for her suit Daughter's WIP

CompletedSuit-1.jpg

CompletedSuit-2.jpg

CompletedSuit-3.jpg

CompletedSuit-4.jpg

Hehe good work! If anyone is tight with the sweets, you can let her loose with the wrist blades....
You should plait her her into "dreads" too, just to finish off the look. :D

well since she is a human hunter we decided to just do a single braid...but I do have some precut backer rod I could glue on to the Bio, but they are un-finished & would take some time to get them ready...but let me know if you guys think I should add them!!!

Whatever you do, don't lose the photos. I loved getting my daughter dressed up for Halloween and we still look at photos from 20 years ago. Cherish the moment, life doesn't get much better when your kids are that age.
Costume came out real fine. Well done.

Ah ok, ignore me then! Looks wicked though, nice job!

not a bad suggestion man...time was an issue so we went a different way with it...might do dreads next year when mom & dad suit up...I plan on updating her gear anyway to plastic buckets.

thanx for all the kind comments guys

not a bad suggestion man...time was an issue so we went a different way with it...might do dreads next year when mom & dad suit up...I plan on updating her gear anyway to plastic buckets.

thanx for all the kind comments guys

Now a family of preds, that would be good to see! A bit like the t-rex in The Lost World (JP2) teaching the baby to hunt by breaking the guys legs and letting the baby take the kill.
Find some kid dressed as a vampire or whatever, throw a cutting disc at his shins and let your daughter claim the trophy....

Maybe I'm taking this a bit far....

Ok just a few pics from Halloween night...

...Headed out...
HeadedOut.jpg

& showing off her first Trophies...that is one Happy Hunter :D
FirstTrophies.jpg

The night was a SMASHING success!!! Aislynn had a BLAST. We got comments all over the place. It was funny cuz when the Parents asked if we had made the Costume they automatically looked to my GF, who promptly gave crecit where credit was due!

The best comment of the night came from these two boys (maybe 10-11yo) that we kept running into. we had seen them twice before & they just kept on & on about Aislynn's suit & then the last time we ran into them they were REALLY going over the suit, touching the wristblades, the Wrist computer, the cannon & they were talking about it & one said to me "that is the coolest costume EVER, I wish you were MY dad" after my head deflated abit I was like o_O

anyway...it was an absolute AWESOME night for all of us. Now I need to upgrade her suit & get ours together so we can hit the streets together next year (Maybe even SDCC)!

HeadedOut.jpg

FirstTrophies.jpg

Looks awesome. :D
I think braided hair would really set it off, I don't think you could get enough backer rod onto the back of the bio to make it look right, or you could do what I did when I fisrt make my dreads. I pinned (or glue) them all to a hat to make a sort of pred dread wig,(then picked my little brother up from school wearing it..he punched me for it, lol) a beanie would work great.

Ok just a few pics from Halloween night...

...Headed out...
HeadedOut.jpg

& showing off her first Trophies...that is one Happy Hunter :D
FirstTrophies.jpg

The night was a SMASHING success!!! Aislynn had a BLAST. We got comments all over the place. It was funny cuz when the Parents asked if we had made the Costume they automatically looked to my GF, who promptly gave crecit where credit was due!

The best comment of the night came from these two boys (maybe 10-11yo) that we kept running into. we had seen them twice before & they just kept on & on about Aislynn's suit & then the last time we ran into them they were REALLY going over the suit, touching the wristblades, the Wrist computer, the cannon & they were talking about it & one said to me "that is the coolest costume EVER, I wish you were MY dad" after my head deflated abit I was like o_O

anyway...it was an absolute AWESOME night for all of us. Now I need to upgrade her suit & get ours together so we can hit the streets together next year (Maybe even SDCC)!

Well, I can see she's got the true hunter spirit, hehe! Look at the pose with the wristblades! You go, girl!!

HeadedOut.jpg

FirstTrophies.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back