my DARKSIDERS sword

buckettt

Just wanted to share some pics of my chaos-eater sword from the video game DARKSIDERS.....I had started this project along time ago---and finally got some time to finish it this weekend .

13128-template.jpg

above: cut out template from 2 pieces of MDF

13132-paint-prep.jpg

above: after shaping blade I used paper mache (clay-like) for detail work...I really like this stuff --its soft/light, easy to shape, sticks to anything...and air dries rock hard.

13129-finished.jpg

13131-finished2.jpg

above: after paint and clearcoat !

13130-close-up.jpg

Thanks for looking !

Sweet!!!!

Man that thing looks ready to take a few heads. Great sculpt work as well!

Paintjob looks amazing also. You do good work :)
Chris

I used "creative paperclay" (black packaging) found at michael's crafts....I have never done sculpting before...but I really liked this stuff....soft/easy to shape (like play-doh) ..can be wet sponged for shaping/smoothness...( sorry I dont know sculpting terminalogy ) and dries fast...

I beat the crap out of a test piece trying to pry it off the wood with a screwdriver and was happy with its strength....(being that this is just going to hang on a wall)

hmm sounds and looks like a great material! maybe a cheaper alternative to apoxie sculpt :p how did you get that texture on the sculpted parts? it looks so amazing!

I made the texture by poking hundreds of little of holes in the clay....the center was painted satin black, and then dry brushed with some aged bronze paint..

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back