My Dark Knight Joker Thug Masks

Kohrsfilms

I've seen an increasing number of threads lately of people making the Joker thug masks from The Dark Knight. So I figured it was about time I showed off the masks I made a few years ago. I can't believe I didn't post them when I first joined this forum.

Before the movie came out I made the Grumpy mask to wear to an advance screening my friend had scored tickets to. I had never used fiberglass before and the mask didn't exactly turn out as well as I would have hoped, but it still looked pretty decent. (This mask is in the first picture.)

With the experience I got from making the first mask I decided to try my hand at another one but this time making a silicone mold off of the sculpt. Using that technique I made the Bozo, Grumpy, and Happy masks. They turned out much better than my first mask and they are probably the only prop replicas I've made thus far that I'm 100% happy with.

Pretty nice. I am working on revising my sculpt as soon as I can get some wet clay.

They're all fiberglass?

Those look great. Fantastic work.

Something about these masks has always intrigued me. I just love them. Hoping The Dark Knight Rises has an equal number of iconic props.

Pretty nice. I am working on revising my sculpt as soon as I can get some wet clay.

They're all fiberglass?

Thanks!

Yeah they are all fiberglass. Like the cheap kind you can get at Home Depot. I'd like to experiment with some professional grade casting resins but it's mostly $$$ that's holding me back right now.

I remember seeing one of your Grumpy masks on eBay some time ago, would have loved to get one.

Happy is very accurate as well. If you make them again let us know :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back