My CW Reverse Flash costume and accessories

teragon

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So, there is quite a few very fine Reverse Flash ring from the CW in the junkyard, but from time to time I like to have props I made myself.
I modelled it in Blender, based on screenshots from the show, and printed through Shapeways in brass. Took two tries, the first one the proportions were way off for some reason, but that was good thing as it made me realise I'm allergic to brass. So now the second version has arrived, much more accurate IMO, and in 18K gold plated (wasn't much more expensive than brass, 20-30$ more I think).

the new and old model :
flashring.png

The old and new ring :
IMG_4077.JPG

The new ring alone and on my finger :
IMG_4075.JPGIMG_4076.JPG

Now I'm making a proper stand for it with a friend, some laser cut parts, some 3D printed, should be done soon. And after that ? Maybe a full RF costume if I find someone who can work with leather ! I actually have a real cloth designer friend, but I kinda doubt she'd be down for making it for me, even if I pay her for her time. Plus I've never seen her work with leather. We'll see.

Last edited:
Re: My reverse flash ring

:lol My bad, sorry ! I had a brain freeze there. Could a mod move this to the DC section ? Thank you.

Re: My reverse flash ring

Thanks ! For those who want one, I don't think I need to make a run myself, there are already several runs of it by different sellers on the junkyard, so unless you really want mine, go check them, they're nice too !

Re: My reverse flash ring and stand

Alright, got the base of the stand printed and sanded, next step is primer then more sanding and so on. Basically it's a 1:1 Reverse Flash chest symbol, but with a hole in the centrer for an acrylic transparent rod. Also got the ring holder itself printing right now in black as a test piece, if it works, then I'll print it in clear to match the rod. Also have a second bolt printing, without the hole so I can make myself an actual reverse flash chest symbol for costume purposes.
IMG_4105.JPG

And here it is temporarily assembled with tape :
IMG_4108.JPG
I like it !

edit : that's Kevin Gausset's man of steel command key in the background, which was my inspiration for this stand.

Attachments

• IMG_4108.JPG
    IMG_4108.JPG
    206.6 KB · Views: 81

And here it is all finished, as well as the emblem version. I've also found someone to take care of the jacket for me, we'll see how that goes.
IMG_4132.JPGIMG_4131.JPGIMG_4130-1.JPG

They were cast in smooth on Onyx from the 3D printer masters in an earlier post. If you'd like one too, I'm doing a small run atm, you can find it in the JY.

Re: My reverse flash ring + stand and costume

So, back a few months, I found a website willing to take a shot at the jacket, in all real leather, and I just received the product today. It's not perfect, at all, but it's a good base I couldn't have done myself (dont mind the symbol there, it's an old B-cast test paint and mounted with scotch tape and not even right furthermore !)
FullSizeRender-55.jpgFullSizeRender-56.jpg

While the first picture shows a desaturated yellow, the actual color is fine, more like the second pic.

Things to mod :
- the collar, not quite the right shape
- the abs thingies that are missing
- the black gradient (that's normal though, I asked them not to do it, I trust myself more to get it right)
- Maybe accentuate the pec separation area
- blackening the rivets (golden for now)
- Add the symbol holder, most likely velcro
- Taming down the red piping, it's a bit too red and they went crazy with it, adding some where it wasn't necessary. Although to be honest I kinda like it that way, but I'll bring them down to a more burgandy color

Things I won't change :
- The side panels are supposed to be fabric and not leather, that's something they couldn't do and neither can I, unless I glue some over the leather, but I'm not to fond of that idea.
- The piping, perhaps, since I kinda like the highlights they achieve, although I'm toying with the idea to replace some of it with EL piping for the red lightning effect. Will see.

What do you guys think ? Worth the 200$ ?

the jacket looks pretty good. I wonder if they'd be willing to do a faux leather version for less.

the jacket looks pretty good. I wonder if they'd be willing to do a faux leather version for less.
I don't think so, they only work with leather, but you can ask. Comes from LeatherCult. I found out after ordering that they don't have a very good reputation, but I have not much to complain personally. Communication was not excellent, their english not always so good, but neither is mine, especially when I'm tired. So some miscommunications but not much, and nothing that screwed the final product.

I'll definitely order the pants there too now, the only dilemma is should I order them in yellow or black ? The official close up picture clearly shows that the pants are blackened yellow, and you still see the yellow in some parts, but then I'll have to airbrush most of it or directly go with black and loose some screen accuracy. I don't know.
the-flash-reverse-flash-img-720x1068.jpg

I'd say order them in the same yellow as the jacket and then airbrush the whole thing together so it all matches :)

Yes I think I'll go with yellow leather, it's evident the pants were yellow in the actual suit, so let's do it like they did. On the side note :
FullSizeRender-57.jpg
Don't mind the prints, they're rejects due to some warping, but they helped me cutting the leather to size. Need more leather though, and new prints are cooking in the printer, hopefully no warping this time.

Thought I'd leave a pic of the belt as it is now, still a WIP, but almost done ! Just need to go to the store on Monday for more rivets.

FullSizeRender-58.jpg

Airbrushing the black leather paint I have on the jacket this afternoon, hopefully I'll have pics later today then.

And here is the pic of the jacket newly airbrushed. Still need some touch here and there, notably to soften the cuffs black to yellow transition and darken the red piping with burgandy paint mainly. Other than that I quite like it !
IMG_4257.JPG

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back